What's new

Grill rattle on my SVS. (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
anyone had this problem before? what to do to eliminate the rattle? when i had the sub on a carpet everything was great. now that i had my family room with tiles the grill started to rattle. thanks for any input. Bry

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure it's not the whole sub rattling on the floor? I'm sure you pulled the grill off and it doesn't rattle anymore? Just checking.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
it's not the sub that's rattling. check it twice, three times... look at the grill really close and it's the grill. i'm pretty sure... by the way, i think it's sounds better on tiles instead on carpet except when it rattles.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Bry,

You have e-mail on this BTW.

The only way to be sure it's the grill is run the sub up with some movie that causes the rattle, then, take off the grill completely leaving the sub in its place.

If you get no rattle and haven't changed the volume and are not touching the sub at all (this is key, stand a couple feet away even), then press the grill back on, making sure it's firmly seated all the way around and try one more time to see if the noise is back.

Sometimes the foam blocks can settle a bit, in which case we can send you some small foam shims.

If it's in fact the baseplate rattling on the now hard floor, we have a fix for that too.

Drop me a note after you try removing the grill and we'll send out what you need.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks