What's new

Grill Cover for 12" sub (1 Viewer)

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
Ive been trying to find a nice looking grill cover for my 12" sub I was considering this one at parts express but Im kind of worried about the linear excursion and its not exactly what im looking for. I would like nice bubbled fine mesh cover.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
That looks similar to the ones I was gonna recomend...JL has some nice grill covers! check them out.

good luck

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
JL as in JL audio? Can you buy there grills without buying the speaker lol?

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
BlakeN, I just bought one of the PE 2pc grills, I have a 12" sub with about the same excursion as the sub you posted. No clearance problems at all, and that is with the top piece pushed all the way down which leaves 9/16" of clearance. Since its a compression fit, you can back it out to almost 3/4 or an inch. A friend of mine here at work, has two JL subs and the JL grills, they would be overkill for my sub since they literally have about 1 1/2" of room. With my sub firing up into the rear bench of my truck, those would be too much.

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
I might have to go with the PE.. I like the JL one a lot but the only authorised JL audio dealer in town only has the mesh insert not the ring. He said the JL speakers have the ring built in so they have never gotten any in. He did mention he would order one for me if he can get one.

So if anyone knows of an online dealer that sells the mesh + ring please give me a link I have been looking for one all day.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Also Blake, the JL authorized dealer here, sells theirs for 25. I paid 12.50 for mine through PE, though shipping put it closer to 20. Still 5 bucks for a bargain bin DVD. :)

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about getting one of the metal bar ones but if you look in the cataloge they screw in on the outside of the speaker to the box. The box im building is kind of odd.. the speaker will have a 3/4th inch of mdf arround it so it will appear to be sunk in. That piece of wood goes accross my whole trunk. It will look like i have 1 huge box that fits in perfectly when infact there is a space for the amp. Im trying to get a grill that will be flush with that peice of wood when installed... I hope you can kind of understand my description.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks