What's new

Grey's Anatomy Season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I missed last night's episode so I wasn't sure how long Meredith was underwater. Micah made a good observation about people surviving when the brain goes without oxygen for an extended period of time.. A number of doctors have known of a procedure for about 20 years,one of which is Dr.Joseph Varon ,here in Houston, has been having sucess in saving some people's lives by the using the Hypothermic Therapy. Check it out.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Thanks. It just so happens I saw that episode again via a rerun.

I also think Izzy was out of line, but I took her behavior a bit differently. I took her statement as saying that a friend shouldn't require you to lie to maintain a friendship. I can look at my daughter and think she's making a mistake marrying someone for various reasons, while still hoping that it works out better than my life experiences predispose me to thinking it will. Seeing something different than someone you love does not mean you don't love that person. In the end, it comes down to behavior. If Izzy disrespects George's wife (and by extension, George), that's a different thing. NOTE: She isn't saying, "It is a mistake for you to marry Cally because Cally sucks." She's saying, "I think it was a mistake for you to have a shotgun wedding so soon after the death of your father when you were barely talking to Cally before that." Is there anyone here who significantly disagrees with that point? I think it was a reasonable point made at the wrong time and in the wrong way.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was bad timing. Izzie is entitled to feel how she feels, but as a friend, you really need to find the right time for such pronouncements, else, you'll be looking for new friends soon enough...

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. She knew the situation was one where George still cares for Merideth and she used it to twist the knife. I found the whole bit very cold.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
My guess on what happens next week is this :

Ellis dies, goes to Meredith's spirit world and tells her it's not her time, to live her life, marry Derek, become a good mother, blah, blah, blah. Nice and cliched.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I just can't imagine that they would kill off the show's namesake. But as someone else has mentioned, it is going to be very difficult to bring her back without making it look too contrived and hokey. This week's episode will be getting big ratings, but if the episode is not handled well, they might see a big drop in their ratings after this. Just my $0.02 worth.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Cliched, predictable, melodramatic and thats before the major surgery.

Yes, an epic shark jump. At least in my opinion...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Cliched. Predictable. Still, comfortable and enjoyable. My wife & I both enjoyed it immensely. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Has Denny lost weight?

Izzie's insufferable at the moment.

Not sure if I am on board with the Sloane bet.

They did kill off one Grey tonight.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I love Grey's Anatomy, and I was in anticipation of last night's show, but it was way overdone. The back and forth between the two plains was fine in the beginning but got annoying after a while. Use Denny, sick girl, cancer nurse and bomb guy to introduce where she is and what her problem is then have her mother fill in the rest of the time pretty much saying she's sorry about everything. Cliche yes but I think would have worked a lot better than this thing about she was struggling and then gave up. The Chief certainly had a really bad day though.

I'm glad Izzie was bought down a few notches.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree that the pacing was definitely off. Too much Meredith from my perspective. And, a few major sub-plots simply disappeared, which is a bit bizarre. What happened to Izzie's patient, for instance? They spent a good twenty minutes or so developing his story over the three episode arc, and then... nothing. She never even checked on his status. We also spent some more time with amnesia mom, but in the end, that was also left unresolved and thus rendered somewhat pointless, IMO.

Perhaps these sub-plots will be resolved in future episodes. Otherwise, I'd have to say it is a bit of sloppy writing coming from a program that normally excels in that area...

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
My wife quickly tuned out on this episode, saying it was "too weird" (she is more of the 'when you're dead you're dead' frame of mind) and spent the rest of the hour online shopping.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I agree with her, last night's episode got weirder when Grey predicted that her mother was dead, and Izzie felt Denny's presence and Denny felt hers.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

I believe this is the first episode that former Buffy showrunner Marti Noxon had a hand in writing and it sort of showed because a lot of it felt more like something they could get away with on Buffy. And while it might have worked there, I didn't think it was a good fit for Grey's Anatomy at all.

Very poor show all around.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Why does this show perhaps more then any other have so many commercial breaks! And after only 5 minutes of show time, another and another!

The episode was okay by the way. Perhaps a bit sappy when mother and daughter worked it out in the Twilight Zone.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Nearly all of ABC's one hour primetime shows are now split out into six acts. Theoretically, they air the same number of commercials but spread them out over six breaks instead of the traditional four (or more modern, five.) They sweep at the top of the hour, meaning that as one show ends, the next one starts immediately. The first break of the hour arrives about ten minutes in (to hook you in to the show) and the rest follow approximately every six minutes. The logic behind this is that it cuts down on clutter, but you couldn't prove it by me... :crazy:

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Does everyone get this show (and Ugly Betty) starting 2 minutes early?

I am not sure if it is an ABC thing, or if my local ABC channel needs to adjust their clocks.

I use a Dish Network PVR and assume the time it uses is pretty accurate. But whenever I record ABC shows, they are already into the show about a minute and I am starting the recording 1 minute early. That means it starts over 2 minutes early.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
There's a Grey's Anatomy spin-off in the works.

I was going to start a new thread on this, and perhaps it merits one.

It will starKate Walsh and Taye Diggs.
Post edited, didn't realized I posted a potential spoiler.

Shonda Rhines felt the time was right and there are so many characters on the show, she thought they needed space. The pilot will be part of a 2 hour Grey's Anatomy and IIRC, it will be in the fall. Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks