Grey's Anatomy - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Peter T., May 4, 2006.

1. Peter T.

Peter T. Extra

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I just picked up the first season this past Sunday after seeing only one episode. The episode in question was the recap show where they ran down everything that happened from the beginning 'till now. As brief as it was, I figured this was a show I'd be able to get into so I took a gamble. I've yet to watch the set but I have no doubt that I'll enjoy it. It's cool that we only have to wait 4 short months for season 2 to arrive.

3. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

27 episodes on six discs isn't that strange. It puts 4 episodes on three discs and 5 episodes on three discs. Remember, the first season had 4 episodes on one disc and 5 episodes on one disc, and that set was fine.

4. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

They should have just made it 7 discs, though, so 4 episodes on each disc, except for disc 7, which would have 3 plus any extras.

5. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I have to admit that I'm really anticipating this new set. I purchased the Grey's Anatomy First Season, although I was a bit skeptical because of reports I had heard from some of you that had problems with skippinig disks but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm really addicted to this show and it's a bit more entertaining and believable than other shows such as ER.

6. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Lost S1 was announced with 6 discs and changed to 7; I have someone looking into it and asking whether it'll change to 7 discs.

Gord

7. Mark Talmadge

Gord, have you heard about what the SRP on this set is going to be?

8. Gord Lacey

9. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

The only thing that really annoys me is that it's called "The Complete Second Season" when the first season set was just "Season One." I don't even mind the "Uncut" tag.

10. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete

Even though it is not a huge deal to me... I would also have prefered if all the season indicators matched.

11. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Technically, the first season wasn't complete. It was enough of a hit that they only aired 9 episodes, and held 4 episodes back for season two. This also enabled them to end the first season with a bit of a clifffhanger. So, the first 4 episodes of Season two are actually the end of season one.

12. Mark Talmadge

All I can say is that I'm looking forward to catching Season 2 since I've never been able to catch one broadcasted episode. The $60 price means that Best Buy and Target will have the sets priced at around $35-40. Can we all say YAY???

13. Mark Talmadge

Did you guys hear that ABC is thinking about moving Grey's Anatomy to replace Monday Night Football? It was in the local newspaper where I live and Desperate Housewives would move to Sundays.

14. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    "Desperate Housewives" already airs on Sundays, 9:00 EST, followed by 'Grey's Anatomy at 10:00 EST. I wouldn't mind if GA moved to Mondays as long as it doesn't conflict with "24.". [​IMG]

15. Mark Talmadge

Hopefully they're not moving it into a dead timeslot ... I hope Grey's Anatomy continues to thrive.

16. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

ABC made the same mistake a few seasons back by moving their hit legal show The Practice from its 10pm Sunday night timeslot to a 9pm slot on Mondays. The ratings took a nosedive and moving the show back to Sundays did little to help after that.

17. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Although I'm really looking forward to this release, I wish studios would make these seasons sets available earlier. I would have been able to watch the second season on ABC from the beginning had the first season been available sooner. I won't have time to finish the second season set before the third season premiere.

My wife is having the same problem with The O.C.. [​IMG]

C

18. Gord Lacey

It's been moved to Thursdays to go up against CSI.

Gord

19. Mark Talmadge

Thanks, Gord. It's always good news to hear that this series is going to continue to go on. I picked up Season 1 and I love the series now. Same thing happened with Lost, Smallville and Gilmore Girls since my only experience with those shows have been on DVD.

20. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Y'know, there's this marvellous invention called the VCR that allows you to tape things for future viewing...

Seriously, why not just set your VCR (or DVR or DVD recorder) timer and watch something else (like your Grey's S2 set) while it's recording the "new" episodes. I'm sure you'd catch up pretty quick!

Or, I guess you could go to epguides.com and watch the TV listings starting next week. Maybe ABC will repeat S2 from the beginning and you can start catching up with the show over the summer, and whatever doesn't get repeated, then that will be that many less you "have" to watch on DVD before proceeding with S3.