What's new

Grey's Anatomy - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just picked up the first season this past Sunday after seeing only one episode. The episode in question was the recap show where they ran down everything that happened from the beginning 'till now. As brief as it was, I figured this was a show I'd be able to get into so I took a gamble. I've yet to watch the set but I have no doubt that I'll enjoy it. It's cool that we only have to wait 4 short months for season 2 to arrive.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
27 episodes on six discs isn't that strange. It puts 4 episodes on three discs and 5 episodes on three discs. Remember, the first season had 4 episodes on one disc and 5 episodes on one disc, and that set was fine.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
They should have just made it 7 discs, though, so 4 episodes on each disc, except for disc 7, which would have 3 plus any extras.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit that I'm really anticipating this new set. I purchased the Grey's Anatomy First Season, although I was a bit skeptical because of reports I had heard from some of you that had problems with skippinig disks but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm really addicted to this show and it's a bit more entertaining and believable than other shows such as ER.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Lost S1 was announced with 6 discs and changed to 7; I have someone looking into it and asking whether it'll change to 7 discs.

Gord

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The only thing that really annoys me is that it's called "The Complete Second Season" when the first season set was just "Season One." I don't even mind the "Uncut" tag.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Technically, the first season wasn't complete. It was enough of a hit that they only aired 9 episodes, and held 4 episodes back for season two. This also enabled them to end the first season with a bit of a clifffhanger. So, the first 4 episodes of Season two are actually the end of season one.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that I'm looking forward to catching Season 2 since I've never been able to catch one broadcasted episode. The $60 price means that Best Buy and Target will have the sets priced at around $35-40. Can we all say YAY???

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Did you guys hear that ABC is thinking about moving Grey's Anatomy to replace Monday Night Football? It was in the local newspaper where I live and Desperate Housewives would move to Sundays.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
"Desperate Housewives" already airs on Sundays, 9:00 EST, followed by 'Grey's Anatomy at 10:00 EST. I wouldn't mind if GA moved to Mondays as long as it doesn't conflict with "24.". :)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

ABC made the same mistake a few seasons back by moving their hit legal show The Practice from its 10pm Sunday night timeslot to a 9pm slot on Mondays. The ratings took a nosedive and moving the show back to Sundays did little to help after that.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Although I'm really looking forward to this release, I wish studios would make these seasons sets available earlier. I would have been able to watch the second season on ABC from the beginning had the first season been available sooner. I won't have time to finish the second season set before the third season premiere.

My wife is having the same problem with The O.C.. :confused:

C

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Gord. It's always good news to hear that this series is going to continue to go on. I picked up Season 1 and I love the series now. Same thing happened with Lost, Smallville and Gilmore Girls since my only experience with those shows have been on DVD.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Y'know, there's this marvellous invention called the VCR that allows you to tape things for future viewing...

Seriously, why not just set your VCR (or DVR or DVD recorder) timer and watch something else (like your Grey's S2 set) while it's recording the "new" episodes. I'm sure you'd catch up pretty quick!

Or, I guess you could go to epguides.com and watch the TV listings starting next week. Maybe ABC will repeat S2 from the beginning and you can start catching up with the show over the summer, and whatever doesn't get repeated, then that will be that many less you "have" to watch on DVD before proceeding with S3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks