What's new

Grey's Anatomy season 2 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
12/4/05

The quints fight for their lives, and Mrs. McDreamy uses the terminal one to teach Izzy a lesson the hard way, but it's a lesson that Izzy will need some perspective before understanding why she was pushed by her mentor.

George's patient was funny in trying to push him back towards the nurse because as Rick Springfield stated so eloquently a few decades ago, "love hurts when only one's in love."

Rosanna Arquette's guest spot as a murderer swallowing razor blades just for some human contact was oddly non-engaging, though Christina learned a little bit of compassion.

Meredith's bedside manner continues to provide support for the mother of the quints. Placing one of the quints with another one in the same ICU enclosure produces a symbiotic response which help both quints.

Alex gets the brush-off by Dr. McDreamy for his mal-practice, and he gets Meredith in friend-trouble (with Izzy) when she offers to help Alex find a solution to help the patient he has almost killed. I'm not sure what Alex brings to the med table, hope we find out soon.

I did find it interesting that Meredith paints herself as the blacksheep of her family before her mother's condition worsened. I guess she fell back into bedding lots of guys after McDreamy went back to the wife because that's where she found superficial comfort then, but now, has she matured enough to skip the one night stands?

I'm not sure how Izzy/Meredith/George are going to figure out the logistics of owning a dog (unless you let the dog roam outside all day).

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's good to see what the doctors think of the Interns. Apparently, Izzy could become a real standout in pediatric medicine.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
#2x12 - Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (Dec 11, 2005)

"Tell his fat [...] I don't want it!"
fade to opening title while "Santa Claus is Coming To Town" plays. Beautiful.

"Because, it's what Jesus would FREAKIN' DO!"
(Happy Holidays, from Izzie to Alex)

"Meredith wasn't a fling."
Excellent.

[ edited for formatting/spelling ]

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode dealing with the holidays, and how they affect the interns, and the prospects of how they'll affect their professional lives in the future.

Yang and Burke make such a strange couple, but it sort of works by the end of the day as each finds a way to get the job done, but on their own terms as well.

I was about to have an ulcer from that poor woman's family of utter whiney miscreants. Had to laugh hard at Bailey unleashing the George upon that sorry excuse for a family.

Izzy finds a bit of cartharsis during Alex's "exam". She needed a good cry.

If you're Addison, what do you do? Your husband admits to you that he's still in love with Meredith, but he's "with" you? That's a helluva bomb to unload for Christmas.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

I don't know what I'd do in Allison's situation, but I have the benefit of being on the outside. What I'd hope to do is understand that he was just completely honest with me, and respect not only that honesty but his attempt (and intent) to put things back together. As a viewer, I was glad he did what he did. I'd didn't like him appearing to commit to working things out, but not really emotionally doing it, leaving Allison pretty much bewildered and stranded. Even if they don't end, relationships fail when there's no emotional honesty.

Another great moment for the show, IMO.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Was somewhat unhappy with the speil given by Christina to the 8 year old kid; whether it helped or not (even though I'm not religious) I would be upset with any one coming in and talking to my child about how to 'get back' at me as a good thing to think about as a reason to go through with a procedure. The mother may have been over the top; but she didn't come across as a loon, she was trying to do her best in a difficult situation. If Burke had knowledge of what was said, I doubt there would have been much happiness in his home afterwards.

I liked the Alex storyline of people helping him learn "cough cough; oh, and by the way, I'm drunk *hiccup* *hiccup*" The dead pans in those scenes were priceless.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/15/06

I loved the flirtation in the elevator scene between McDreamy and Meredith, they're so good together.

The rest was pretty light and fluffy. But that's okay, after 2 solid hours of 24, I needed to decompress a bit anyway.

wayne-sun

Agent
Just started watching this show back in December and I have to say I'm impressed. The writing for the most part is extremely good with story lines that hold your attention from show to show. The shots of Seattle at night in HD are stunning! This one is now on my series record list.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/22/06

Umm... it was okay. At least Alec gets to hang out with the gang at SGH.

The hotdog eating contest at lunch was the highlight for me.

Bailey gets sent home early to carry the child to term.

George was a little petulant about the dog issue.

Too bad they didn't play "Lies Lies Lies" in the background towards the end of the episode.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
The dog being in a surgical area irritated me to no end.

I didn't understand the purpose of the hotdog eating contest. It's possible I missed something in the furor of trying to PIP coverage of Kobe Bryant's incredible 81-point game.

I thought George was reasonable about getting rid of the dog. The biggest logistical problem with their residence is it isn't 3 people renting a house together. It's 2 people renting rooms in Meridith's house. Otherwise, I completely understand the need to get rid of the dog. I did find the destination strange.

OK, what's the verdict. Did Christina move in? I ask because I'm not sure if she moved in, but she's not ready to let go of her safety blanket and admit to herself she's moved in, or she didn't move in and the whole thing is just a sham. It's a fine line, and I'm not sure which side I come down on.

McDreamy's wife is being a saint.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't anything changed. She moved in, while keeping her old apartment.

"Irish! Now that's a swagger" :)

Not the best episode, but I enjoyed it. And the hot-dog eating contest was hilarious. Makes me miss Fry-days in the lab from grad school: deep fryer in the fume hood in the chem lab to make corn dogs, corn bread, etc. for lunch with friends.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Random FYI: I got the Grey's Anatomy S1 soundtrack for Xmas. If you enjoy the music in the show, I recommend the CD. It's missing the oddball music-only pieces, though.

John Lloyd

Second Unit

I think the real problem is that Kathryn Heigl DOES look good in HD and she is 10 years younger than Ellen Pompeo.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

I thought that they maybe gave her eyebags after her relationship with the Jewish doctor went south, in order to show that this breakup affected her physically. It seems like they've been lessening them with each new episode, as she becomes more happy.

But this show isn't supposed to be for "pants down" viewers, anyway.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Jesus. Best episode of the season for me so far. In fact, one of the best hours of TV I've seen this season. There were several honest tearjerking moments, and the moment with Izzie is something I wish we would see more of, and I found so moving as it was portrayed.

I will admit, this is probably the first show I've had bring a few tears to my eyes in a long time. Great, great stuff.

As a comic aside, the moment the lights go out in their apartment, listen for George's line.. great closing comedy :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Izzie's bombshell was pretty surprising as it did come out of nowhere.

George's foray into nursing unions was played for good comic relief.

I'm surprised Meredith hadn't come across having to take out the tube and let someone at the end of their time just go. I guess I've seen one too many episodes of E.R. for it to have the same impact on me as it did her, but the loving, compassionate glances she and McDreamy share after her ordeal were well done.

Didn't Bailey's replacement resident play Helfrek on Buffy. Christina must have been mortified having Alex being the teacher's pet, while she was forced to apologize and re-examine patient care and quality of life issues that will recur in the future.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It was great seeing June Lockhart again. The "new" Bailey is a hoot! The scene with her and Yang in the beginning of the episode really cracked me up. This show has quickly become everything that Desperate Housewives wanted to be... but isn't. I wonder how long it will take before a first-run Grey's Anatomy overtakes a first-run DH. Perhaps not this season, but if they keep this up, it is sure to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks