What's new

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
ABC rules my roost: Alias, Lost, Desparate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy.

Another enoyable episode. I'm waiting for the inevitable clash because of Burke's secret relationship with Oh's character. It's also interesting that she was down on Grey initially for dating an attending, but now that she's in the same situation, she's keeping it secret. Shrewd, but not friendly.

As for poor George: he should go into family practice. He has outstanding demeanor and the best bedside manner, but doesn't seem to have the stomach for the cutthroat environment he's in.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/8/05

Can't quite put my finger on it yet, but this show continues to be eminently watchable week after week.

Can you lead a relatively normal life with the left side of your brain removed? Too bad George probably doesn't know how to play his hand when he turns out he was right about the bourbon on the doctor who fell asleep at the wheel of the happy gas/juice.

Too bad (Leon from Playmakers) died from all that nutty painful leisure time activities, like voluntarily getting shot, or getting tattoos.

Will the girl with the short bowels now have to eat small meals all day because she can't eat much or store much in her intestines in order for her stomach to process the small amounts of food she can ingest at a given meal? No more buffets for her.

I would have punted the Ever Carradine character out of the room for all that nagging during the extraction by Dr. Model.

Looks like Christina is in for a bumpy ride (though it was telegraphed early by her flu-like symptons).

Chris

Senior HTF Member

If done early (before age 5) suprisingly, for the most part, yes.

This show is everything I wish more drama was; involving, interesting, well written, and smart. The cast also performs up to the material.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Agreed.

I keep watching the show as it has me entertained. I am not "hooked" (ie I can't afford to miss it) but something compels me to watch it every Sunday. Perhaps cause there is nothing remotely as good on in its time slot.

I don't think its as good as e.r. USED to be but still entertaining. I will continue to watch and see what happens.

Greg

Jon_Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
I find this show to be very entertaining to watch. My wife is a nurse and loves all of these medical shows. She loves E.R. but I could never get into it. I find that Grey's Anatomy adds something to the medical sitcom that makes us non-medical folks keep watching. I like that the characters are mostly younger and maybe that helps my 20 something brain relate a little more. Over all I love this show and wish that more shows could turn out this good. See you later reality tv.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Again, this show has not shed its viewers at all.

From zap2it:

It's lead-in, Desperate Housewives had a 15.6/24 share (26 million viewers).

SarahG

Second Unit
I totally agree with Greg S.- it has definitely kept me watching although I am not exactly sure why!

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Didn't the actor who portrayed the pain-seeking wrestler also play a doctor on ABC's late medical drama "Gideon's Crossing"?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Mike-

Yes.

I know a show is good when my wife calls me the next day while I'm driving around to talk about it after seeing it on the MCE.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/15/05

This is such a chick show, but I'm okay with it.

Christina needs a personality transplant. STAT! It's weird I have no strong reaction to her plight, no matter which way she goes on the pregnancy issue.

Alex's patient, Devo, had some good lines, I see her tenure on Buffy wasn't wasted.

Good to see George with some starch in his scrubs now.

Meredith almost pushed a little too hard, both on the professional and personal fronts.

What I wouldn't give for a Cricket Cup Cake...

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Her bedside manner is such that if I were the woman, even sickly, I'd stand up and deck her.. she made a tough decision, but one as a viewer I could understand; the fact that your doctor basically calls you out as an idiot is terrible.. then again, I've run into doctors just like that, so *shrug*

I do love this show ;)

Abby_B

Supporting Actor

I knew she looked familiar! I thought that she did a nice job.

I liken this show to candy...it's pretty much empty calories but I enjoy it while watching it. My fiance is convinced that these docs are the worst. doctors. ever. But they are pretty to watch.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
More than Devo, I enjoyed the "psychic", who previously played Kyle on "Judging Amy."

I thought this was the strongest episode so far, unifying multiple multiple threads with a general theme. (Another trait of Judging Amy.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is the little show that could:

From zap2it:

I'm pretty amazed how well this show's ratings have held up from week to week. Whoever is watching this show is sticking with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks