What's new

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
BTW, this show's ratings are actually growing week-by-week. Last week it brought in 19 million viewers, and preliminary ratings has it bringing in 21 million viewers last night.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Yeah, she is HOT! I have some great pictures that I found of her from a Maxim shoot. OMG..... drool!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Sunday's episode really came close to home. The operation that Christina wanted in on, the Whipple, is one that my mother underwent, successfully I might add. One thing is for certain, I would not want to get a Whipple in that Seattle hospital. The scrub nurse said that they do about 2 a year. My mother's surgeon did over 14 a year. Given the difficult nature of that surgery, you would want a surgeon that does a lot. Practice does make perfect.

I normally don't care for medical dramas but this one I like because the cast really works for me. I have to admit that I've not heard of any of these folks with the exception of Sandra Oh. A pleasant surprise given the silliness of "Boston Legal".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Meredith's mouth was another character this episode. She was froggy sounding, and her upper lip wasn't looking all that well.

How can you leave such a large amount of towel under a lung? Yowza! These interns definitely don't have the best awareness of their surroundings when they make damaging comments.

So we get Burke and Yang making their move after way too many furtive looks.

Izzy's boyfriend subplot came to an abrupt end. Izzy throws the best parties, though.

George losing at strip poker was a little silly, but fun.

Alex might actually have a heart underneath that tough, but hurt exterior. Will Izzy fall for it?

The guy with the obstructed bowels would have been a hoot at the party.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
wonderful episode.

I gasped when they pulled that towel out of the woman. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? Talk about lawsuit. I cannot even imagine something like that happening to me. It amazes me that for 5 years she had that in her. It amazed me even more when Burke came clean to help defend Grey.

I hope Izzy and that doctor don't start up. I thought she was awful to her boyfriend who came all that way to see HER. There has to be a back story there, otherwise it is a lame attempt to get her and that other doctor together.

How sad that Grey didn't want to take responsibility for her mother. As a medical student/intern, you'd think she would understand all the crap involved with letting other people decide thing for you medically/financially. It seems she has no common sense, what with telling Burke in front of the husband about nicking the wifes heart, not getting enough sleep and going into heart surgery in the first place and then all the stuff with her mom. I dont' really get Grey.

Christine and Dr. Burke was kind of interesting. They sort of through that in too fast though. They should have spread it out over a coupe of episodes. Show us more flirting and more uncomfortable encounters. I like the hard exterior of Christina and think she makes for good tv.

Great party. Loved that Grey and Dempsey (will I ever remember his characters name?) got caught in the car. They are in for it with that one lady. She is going to make Grey's life hell. That should be fun.

As for Grey's lip.... it looked like she was going to pose for a Got Milk add the whole episode. LOL!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I thought all of that made sense, both logically and emotionally. I assumed she'd had no sleep for 48 hours because of work demands. A current complaint about our medical system is its use of exhausted residents.

Combine complete exhaustion, the stress of her ailing mother (which she is keeping a secret from the world) and the fear of having killed her career with a twitch of the finger, and I would not expect lucid, rational thought decisions.

I do agree that Burke and Christine came out of the blue. I enjoy the irony -- she was on Meredith's case for having a relationship with whatshisname (Shephard?) and is now doing the exact same thing.

I think Izzy deserved more fury for the party debacle. I'd boot her out of the house after that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
5/1/05

I don't think even ER ever had a patient with a tumor that large. That was just huge, and the outcome wasn't a surprise given the odds against the woman.

Meredith and Christina both continue to play with fire as they continue their affairs with the attendings.

George is so clueless.

Izzy's "save" subplot seemed to be there just to prop up her "surgeon" credentials, just in case the viewers don't take her seriously as a surgical intern.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

True, but he may be one of the most sympathetic characters on TV.. I think 1/2 the male audience out there has had that experience at least once in their life.. now, admittedly, mostly when you were in HS or Junior High, but I believe people in the audience have been there.

I liked Izzy's total subplot on how she was the responsible one.. unlike someone else we know ;)

The end with George and the bottles of beer.. ah, that was heartbreaking stuff.

The writing on this show is very, very solid.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I join the rest of you in applauding this show. Great writing and great actors. The production values are high and you can tell as the show goes along that the actors are starting to get more comfortable with each other. I just wish that medical shows would hire better consultants so they would more acurately depict something that is going on. Like putting someone in an MRI and caling it a CT. You would have thought by now (with all the medical shows that have been on the air) that they would have gotten better at this.

With so many networks adding "reality" shows, in lieu of a series, it is nice to see the amount of effort that ABC has put into this and other the new shows on their network.

Parker

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I totally agree. ABC used to be a "fly-over" channel for me as I'd channel surf. Now half of the shows I watch are on ABC. I'm sick of unscripted shows (except Survivor and The Amazing Race of course) and I'm really liking what ABC has been offering.

On a side note, has anybody been experiencing strange flesh tone coloration during Grey's? At first I thought my TV settings had gone wonky, but I checked them and they're fine. I'm using Dish Network's San Francisco feed of ABC and flesh tones are greyish (coincidentally) with pink highlights. I've only noticed it on Grey's Anatomy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I find the shots in the show to be more of a reddish coloration, it could look pinkish in certain scenes.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
ABC now has my eyeballs for two shows: "Lost" and now "Grey's Anatomy.

NBC: All "Law & Order" less CI.

Fox: "Simpsons" and "24"

CBS: Zilch, zero, nada except for "60 Minutes" and "Sunday Morning". No entertainment programs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks