Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil... Has anyone played this?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Clinton McClure, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    I was looking at Wal~Mart last night for a new PC game and I came across Greyhawk: Temple of Elemental Evil. It looks to be spot on for the type of RPG I like. It's turn-based and uses the 3rd edition D&D rules.

I'm a bit hesitant to pick it up for $40 without knowing if it has any major bugs or bad game flaws. Has anyone played it and what are your impressions if you did?

2. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Own it, played a good portion of it and haven't been back to it for a while since attention has shifted to so many other games. I really liked what I played of it. If you are hardcore D&D fan you'll love it! Great storyline with a wonderful implementation of the 3rd edition ruleset. Make sure you grab the patch ASAP if you buy though as the game out of the box is indeed quite buggy.

3. Clinton McClure

Clint
    Thanks Romier. I might go pick it up today if I get a chance. I tried to download the 200M demo, but it was gonna take almost 30 hours!!!! (A 56k connection pulling about 1.3k/s download rate sucks arse!)

4. Clinton McClure

Clint
    I picked up Temple a couple days ago and have had nonstop trouble with it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times (along with the patch for it) and it keeps freezing up my entire PC during the character creation process.