What's new

Grey Cup Game (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
From what I've read the Grey Cup game will NOT be shown in HD. CBCs reasoning was that they are having their truck/s built as we speak and will not be ready in time for the game.
The thing that confuses me is that they were able to rent a truck for last year's Heritage Classic yet they could not for this year???
My guess is that CBC figured since there is no NHL this season they can lollygag a little more with their trucks. I guess they did not expect people to be wanting the Grey Cup (which is projected to draw 5,000,000 viewers this year) in high definition.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Yeah, that figures. I mean with no hockey season this would be the showcase sporting event of the season - why would the braintrust think that might be important? And--- its not in Toronto this year!!!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Looks to be a great game. The Hip as half time sounds good too as long as they play old stuff.

Brent

Scott W.

Second Unit
Final score of the grey cup, 27-19 for the Toronto Argos against the BC Lions. Kudos and amazement to QB Damon Allen for his great play against a tough competitor. Marcus Allen watched his younger bro win the cup in Ottawa in front of 50,000 plus. Great game. The Canadian Football league is really in a good state right now. Now, if only the NHL lockout would end...

Scott

JamieJ

Agent
The game was good, but a couple of things bothered me. First of all, why was the Lions players introduced ONLY in French???? and why did they chose Britney Spears "Stronger" as their introductory song? Also, the Hip were terrible in their half time performance.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"the Hip were terrible in their half time performance. " I think the Hip are muchbetter in a smoke filled bar than an open air stadium. That and the fact that most people need a few songs to get into it..

I would have died to hear Blowin high dough:)

Great game, but what was up with the B.C. punker?? was there a draw at the beginning of the game? Section 56 row 23 seat 7!

Brent

GregClarke

Stunt Coordinator
No speakers aimed at the end zones = no sound!!
Good game (all Grey Cups are close).
East end zone row 70(!!)

johnbr

Stunt Coordinator
:frowning: it is to bad that it was not in hdtv for it would have been great in hd and 6.1dd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks