What's new

Greta Gets An Eye Fix Before Move To Fox (1 Viewer)

MikeAW

Second Unit
While you can debate, just why we should all care why a female news personality gets an eye fixup for her new Tv job, this story is interesting in that I feel, Van Sustern should have gotten a Personality "Lift"...or would that be a frontal lobotomy ? Greta had that deer-in-the-headlights look, so I supposed it's gone now. I would have loved to have been at the meeting where They decided this one.
"'Anyone who has worked 20 or 30 years in business, raising kids, working in a department store, driving a bus, is bound to get bags under his or her eyes," Van Susteren tells USA Today.
"I was sitting around thinking, 'I've got four weeks off and, by God, I've got my 30th high school reunion this year. I've got to make all those guys who wouldn't go out with me jealous.' So I had the bags taken off.' "
The end of the story is the best...she didn't tell FOX News head Roger Ailes until the night before the surgery !
"If you want to do it, I think you should. If you don't, it's no big deal," she says, adding that her new boss, Fox news head Roger Ailes "almost had a stroke" when he told him about her plans right before she underwent the procedure.
Ailes says that he was only worried if the surgery would delay the show's launch."
So much for being generally goofy and losing what little credibility she has in the Industry, right ?
To me she is one of the blah-est Tv personalities that ever was on Tv screen, "this side" of Dr. Joyce Brothers. Law isn't the most interesting subject to begin with, but Van Sustern just doesnt' make it that more interesting, for me! But if it's a toss up between Greta and big eyeed, New Yorky, and BLONDE on Court Tv, I would have to go with Van Sustern...by a Mile! Not much of a choice here, I know.
I prefer the gray haired guy on ABC...much more authoritative and tailored to the seriousness of the subject.
Here's the link...
Link Removed

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The "eye fix" seems to be more common with men anchors and actors it seems to me. How this correlates with one's integrity or professionalism is beyond me. Unfortunately our society frowns on aging. :frowning:

MikeAW

Second Unit
Exactly.

That's why I wonder when I find a story that's circulating about stuff like this, especially when it's in the...ahem,

"legitimate Media"...as if ANYTHING we find being publicized is innocent and the Media is legitimate... and

ahem, "news".

MikeAW

Second Unit
She's probably going to have an exclusive unveiling...if that's what it's called...the first day of her show.

FOX NEWS has got to get SOMETHING out ot this thing, right ?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
As long as she's doing the eyes why doesn't she do something about her mouth? I don't know if that perpetual half-sneer is a personality thing or the result of bad dental work, but somebody ought to be able to do something about it. :)
BTW, who is "...big eyed, New Yorky, and BLONDE on Court TV"? The only blonde I know from Court TV is Catherine Crier, a former judge and a native of Texas as far as I can remember.
Regards,
Joe

MikeAW

Second Unit
Here's a pic of her "new" look.
http://drudgereport.com/
I must say it is different...but she still needs lots of work in the personality department! Maybe electric shock therapy will improve on that.
I can see her doing the morning talk show tour already..."The FOX Morning Show", of course...then uptown to "Regis and Whoever", then up the block to "The View"....

Jodee

Screenwriter
I can't wait for CNN's next Paula Zahn ad:
"Our anchorwomen don't NEED surgery!"
:)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Here's her byline picture from Fox News' website:
3_21_bio_van_susteren.jpg

It looks nothing like her! I wonder what she looks like on TV.
/Mike

Wade K

Second Unit
I don't know if that perpetual half-sneer is a personality thing or the result of bad dental work, but somebody ought to be able to do something about it
It almost looks like nerve damage from wisdom tooth removal. I seemed to notice it on her a lot more in the early 90s, and less now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks