Gregg Loewen Calibration

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BillBandy, Jun 29, 2002.

1. BillBandy

BillBandy Auditioning

Gregg did full calibration of MITS 55907, 480P & 1080I inputs June 14.
    Color, Convergence, Geometry are now excellent. DVD's look great, I don't have HD yet. We have 4 local HD but haven't been able to get an Antenna installation that would meet Homeowners Association rules. I could get Satellite but would only get the Dish/DirectTV HD stations, not sure I want to go this way after reading all the comments on this Forum and others about Satellite on RPTV. I have excellent picture from Cable for all Local channels, Digital Cable not available in this neighborhood.
    I would recommend Gregg to anyone, he came and spent a lot of time calibrating my set. The results were outstanding[​IMG]
    This is my second MITS RPTV(1st returned because of shutdown problems). I am extremely happy with MITS, now has even greater picture. The Home Theater function works great with all of my equipment so I only use one remote for all operations.
    Mits 55907
    Pioneer VSX-36TX
    Atlantic Technology 270THX
    Toshiba SD-6200
    Mits VCR HS-U776
    RCA Laser Disc Player LDR-500

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    HI Bill

Thanks for the kind words.

Ive had a great post tour response that it looks like I will be returning to Atlanta in either August (will try) or in October. If anybody is interested please shoot me an email.

Regards

Gregg

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Bill,

You HOA rules don't cover antennas. Per FCC guildlines you are allowed to install a 1 meter antenna up to 12 feet above your roofline (unless you live in a historical district). Your HOA will get mad and threaten you but there is a FCC hotline number for this situation. Just search for it. What's more important, neighbors or watching HD?

-Robert

4. BillBandy

BillBandy Auditioning

Thanks for the information. I have a copy of the FCC ruling, I have no problem with 24" dish. The Antenna suggested/recommended by local antenna installer is a Yagi antenna that is larger than FCC rules cover. I am still trying to find someone with an antenna that will work, I have a hill between myself and all Transmitter antenna's which makes a larger antenna necessary.
    Again, Thanks. I will keep trying until Satellite or Cable start covering local HD, not enough programming that I like on HD satellite at present to make me change.

5. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

The one meter rule only applies to satellite and wireless cable antennas, not TV antennas. If you read the rule carefully, TV antenna size is not restricted, only it's height above the roofline. You can use ANY SIZE ANTENNA for TV reception.
    Over the air reception devices rule.
    Bruce