Gregg Loewen and what looks like my new TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Manuel, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

He actually still is at my house. At this time he is sleeping in my guest room. Anyway, he calibrated my Mits 65819 (regular calibration, red push fix, and advanced geometry) and then spent about an hour watching different scenes from different movies. Both myself and my wife were impressed with what we saw.

-colors looked great
    -detail increased greatly
    -sharpness was better
    -depth of perception greatly increased

I put in FOTR EE after he was done and could clearly see the difference. My wife even stated that SW II looked like it was in 3D.

I just wanted to say that I felt it was definatly worth the price. Like it says on the title, I feel like I got a new TV.

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    You know ... get out of the house now!!! Before he wakes up!! ...You don't know what happens when he wakes up ... vacate now ... call the authorities ...
    [​IMG]
    Regards

3. Manuel

Manuel Stunt Coordinator

Two things I would like to add:
    1-Michael, I am the authorities (State Trooper). [​IMG]
    2-After watching more of Dish Network (6000 receiver) and DVDs both my wife and I can see a real big difference. The Bucs and Packers game looked good. I had the attenuator fix for the red push. Now that the colors are set in properly, I can see a huge difference. I told Gregg last night watching Sportscenter that the football fields had previously looked yellowish and now they look green.
    I feel like I should rewatch every movie I own just to see how much better the picture is.
    *not much of a pro football fan which is why I clearly remember that game. It's fixed now*

4. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob