1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wordsmyth, Aug 29, 2017.

1. wordsmyth

wordsmyth Auditioning

Rick
    Just checking in. Nice place you all have here!

Real name is Rick, the wordsmyth handle was bestowed on me by a now departed friend.

Other: Former Marine (USMC), steady reader, avid motorcyclist, life-long truck enthusiast. Married with two grown children and 3 grands.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I have about a #3 knowledge of home electronics and theater. I'll read a lot and ask questions, but the significant contributions to the reservoir of knowledge will come from elsewhere!

Best to all -

Sam Posten and AtlasWinks like this.
  2. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    Welcome, Rick! You'll find HTF a great place to learn and discuss (with passion) all things home theater :)

And thank you for your service!

3. wordsmyth

wordsmyth Auditioning

Rick
    Neil, thanks. The last TV we bought was 10 years ago when a 42" LED was considered a top shelf purchase. LOL, times change.

After a bit of reading and looking we're going to upgrade to a 4k Samsung Smart TV (as opposed to a home theater display). We'll get something with the usual features for such units available today. 10 years from now I'll be behind the curve again...

The old 42" unit will go to the bedroom.

Sam Posten and Neil Middlemiss like this.