Greetings from your new "moderator"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RAF, Jan 30, 2002.

1. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Hello, fellow Satellite owners. I've been added to this area as a moderator and I hope to liven up the discussion with a couple of new features. While I'm relatively new to Satellite and HDTV broadcasts (having installed a Dish Network about 6 months ago, as documented at my HT web site) I've been following the discussions here and will now be helping to moderate what's going on.
    Those of you who know me from other sections on the HTF know I prefer to use the word "moderate" as though it were an adverb - I like to sit back and let the discussions proceed on their merry way - as long as they follow forum guidelines. If there's a problem I like to "nudge" things back on course or reign things in. But that happens rarely, if ever.
    I'd like to try to institute some "Poll" functions here (as I've done over in the Building a Home Theater section which you can examine to get an idea of what's involved). Hopefully we can do some of that over here as well. To get the ball rolling (and to provide something that gives me a handle on the audience here) I want to start a "What Type of Satellite System Do You Have - if any" Poll. But before I do, I would like to know all the options. I'm familiar with Dish, DirecTV, HDTV receivers and/or OTA-HDTV modules for both. I also know that some members don't have a dish yet but are considering it. And, I'm sure, some have the bigger dishes and here's where I'd like a little help. How many different types of big dishes are there and what are they called (or should I just use the term "Big Dish" to cover this area?)
    Let me know your thoughts on this and once I get some more information I'll post the poll so we can play with it a bit. Remember, these polls can allow more than one response, so those with more than one system can convey this information. You'll see all this once I establish the poll.
    Like I said, if you want to see how these polls work and my philosphy regarding them, check out the POLL postings on the Building a Home Theater section. No need to post everything over here in duplicate.
    I await your thoughts. Thank you and Enjoy!

2. Bob Ruby

Bob Ruby Auditioning

What's a PITA, besides a Middle Eastern bread?

3. Bob Ruby

Bob Ruby Auditioning

Forget about explaining PITA.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, I know what PITA stands for!!!

4. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

Just ask my better half!
    [​IMG]