Greenish Glow on top left corner of my Wega!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Kao, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

I have a KV-27FS12 Wega telivision and have noticed a slight greenish glow on the top left corner of the screen. It's more noticeable on some material (especially video games), and barely noticeable on others. None the less, it's really starting to bother me. Has anyone else experiences this with there set? Is there anything I can do about it?

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wegas. I've had a few of these sets and I'll tell you that that is par for the course. You'll not likely get one without any color purity problems ( I doubt that is even possible) but I've found the Wegas to be some of the worse in this area. You can try to have the set degaussed but it is likely inherent in the set and occurred when set up at the factory. To make things worse these sets tend to get a little worse over time. I've had some that cover a lot of the screen and sony claims that is "within spec". If you only have it in one corner than I would say you're lucky.

3. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

Do you have any speakers near your TV?

4. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

I have the same set with the same problem, noticed it during hockey last fall. It's in the lower right corner in my set. Bought a $50 professional coil degausser, have used it dozens of times, does not fix the problem. There were/are no speakers near my television.
    I've learned to live with it with my next TV will not be a WEGA. Too many geometry problems to go along with the greentint problem, and i am having a hard time with black level on 16:9 squeeze mode (with 2.35:1 dvds)
    sean