What's new

Greenish Flickering Problem, Please help! (1 Viewer)

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
thats great and i hope you will be happy and start playing some games there man :b so if have a question don't be afraid to ask :emoji_thumbsup:

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
Joey,

After the repairs, I noticed something on one of my component inputs (not on the cable TV, however).

Along the lower left side of the screen, in a vertical direction, there is a bright beam of whitish bar in the picture. Its only about less than 0.5 cm thick at the thickest spot, but when it's a dark room I do notice it. It's about half the height of the set.

Do you think I should call the tech to remedy it? I don't really mind it much, provided it doesn't cause burn-in. I can always wait a 5 months when I will call them for a service menu convergence (they provided me a free one).

What do you think?

Thanks Joey.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
white as in pure white or transparent line have you tried to use diff. inputs in the back of the tv and it is there for the games and regular tv veiwing correct

switch around the connections on the back of the set and see if it is still there and make sure the connections are tight :frowning:

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
No, Im sure the connections are tight. So far I've only noticed it on one input, my DVD on component 1.

It's not there on cable TV.

Sam Pat

Stunt Coordinator
Went and did some tests,

1.) It's definitely translucent. It's sort of whitish purplish, but it's see through.

2.) Couldn't see it on Monsters Inc (1.85:1), but could see it on Ronin (2.35:1) and Episode II (2.35:1) and Fight Club (2.35:1).

Any ideas?

I don't know. I'm just so tired of fixing one thing or another with my HT I just want to kick back and enjoy it. I think I'm just going to ignore it. Between work and school,I have enough things to stress about as it is.

:)

But if you have any ideas what it might be, I'm still curious to know.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks