What's new

Greenish color help (1 Viewer)

Dan_asdf

Agent
I have a 60" Phillips 9502 and often times when I'm watching a program or a movie with a lot of dark or night scenes there is a green hint to a lot of the picture that should be black.
Examples would be episodes of Angel, or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or the movie Underworld.
It just seems more evident in those expamles because there tends to be more night scenes.
Any help is appreciated.
Dan

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Google returned no information on this set. You have the # right, and also provide what kind of TV it is?

If it's a CRT RPTV, then it just sounds like a grayscale problem, you need to get that calibrated.

Dan_asdf

Agent
The model number is 60pp9502, I bought it from J&R.com.
It's a widescreen HDTV RPTV. Looks identical to the 60pp9352, but has DVI.

Dan_asdf

Agent
Thanks for the info.
I'm having a warranty guy come out tomorrow. Is that something he can take care of?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Warranty guys can be idiots from the local shop or chain store, to guys who actually know what they're doing. Hopefully it's someone who knows their stuff, because it shouldn't be a big deal if it is just a grayscale tracking problem. He should have to use a colorimiter and set g2 levels most likely, not difficult for someone who know's what they're doing. But for a worker-monkey helper guy, well... who knows..... :frowning:

John S

Senior HTF Member
Greenish huh? I have a similar set. (Philips), how are you feeding the video? I only ask becuase I see this complaint a fair amount using DVI connections and not just with Philips sets.

Calibration is always best though for sure, no matter what.

Dan_asdf

Agent
Thanks for the info, now I know what to look for and ask when this dude shows up in the morning.

I'm using DVI from my zenith sat520 DirectTv receiver going into one of my HD inputs, and component video from my Samsung pro-scan DVD into the other HD input. The thing is, the problem is the same with both inputs.

Dan_asdf

Agent
Just an update,
The warranty guy came out and found some error codes in what I assume was the service menu, and said he would be ordering some parts to fix the problem. Guess I'll have to wait and see if he knows what he's talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks