What's new

Green Tint in Dark Areas on RPTV (1 Viewer)

Lewis G

Auditioning
I have a 6 year old RCA RPTV that is displaying a green tint in the dark areas of the screen. I have calibrated the set with the THX video mode on the T2:Judgment Day DVD and it has not helped. There was an earlier post about somebody who had a problem with a green tint on their set on light and dark ares but my problem only occurs in the dark areas. Any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Help!

Dave Weida

Grip
I am no expert, but my guess is the "Greyscale" needs calibrating. You don't say if it just appeared one day or not. Chances are it has been like this from day one. The set can be calibrated by a trained ISF Tech and this should fix it.

Dave

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Dave is right -

Your grayscale needs adjustment. Apparently the Green CUT is set too high. If you knew how to get into the service menu (and what all the parameters were) then you could adjust this by eye to get it close. Do a search on Google for your TV's model # and "service menu" and you should come up with something.

But it sounds like the set could really benifit from an ISF calibration with a tech that has the appropriate equipment to measure grayscale, like a colorimeter or optical comparator...

-Ryan Dinan

Lewis G

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies. It did just happen one day out of nowhere. There are no ISF calibrationists in my immediate area but maybe there is a service technician who knows how to calibrate it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks