Green spots on my Wega!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

So last night the Wife and I decide to sit down and watch A Beautiful Mind on DVD and about two minutes into the movie we notice four green spots on all corners of our 2 year old 36" Wega. I thought for a minute that it was an effect used in the movie. I then checked other input sources and low and behold it was still there. I then powered off everything and turned it all back on. Greeen spots were gone but now I'm wondering if this is a problem that might come back. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
    -Andre F

2. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

after a year of owning a wega, i was watching a hockey game last year and i noticed the same thing on the white background. Even tried buying an electric degaussing coil, and can't get it to go away.

my new 38" 16:9 RCA exhibits a similar problem, only with a slight pink tint in one area of the screen. I have no speakers near either tv.

3. BobJ

BobJ Stunt Coordinator

4. Reginald Trent

Reginald Trent Screenwriter

I also have a 36XBR400 Wega. Green spots along with other color impurities are most likely cause by a magnetic field. I've noticed most newer TVs seem to be more sensitive to magnetic fields than their older counterparts.

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

6. Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl Auditioning

Andre,

I have a 2 year old 36XBR250 and have noticed the same problem. Turning it off and on fixes the problem everytime. I first noticed it about a year after I bought it (after the warranty was up of course). It only seems to pop up every month or so. I don't think mine is caused by an electric field because I have moved wires and the center channel that is in the TV stand and the problem always comes back eventually.

Anyway, I have learned to live with it because it is so easily fixed and the TV looks so good watching DVD's.