What's new

Green spots on my Wega!!! (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
So last night the Wife and I decide to sit down and watch A Beautiful Mind on DVD and about two minutes into the movie we notice four green spots on all corners of our 2 year old 36" Wega. I thought for a minute that it was an effect used in the movie. I then checked other input sources and low and behold it was still there. I then powered off everything and turned it all back on. Greeen spots were gone but now I'm wondering if this is a problem that might come back. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
-Andre F

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
after a year of owning a wega, i was watching a hockey game last year and i noticed the same thing on the white background. Even tried buying an electric degaussing coil, and can't get it to go away.

my new 38" 16:9 RCA exhibits a similar problem, only with a slight pink tint in one area of the screen. I have no speakers near either tv.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
I also have a 36XBR400 Wega. Green spots along with other color impurities are most likely cause by a magnetic field. I've noticed most newer TVs seem to be more sensitive to magnetic fields than their older counterparts.

Andre F

Screenwriter
The set probably degaussed itself on powerup. Do you have any stray magnetic fields near the set?
Not that I'm aware of. I've had the same set up in the same location for the past year with no prior problems. Is there anything in paticular that I can watch out for regarding magnetic fields?
-Andre F

Alan Dahl

Auditioning
Andre,

I have a 2 year old 36XBR250 and have noticed the same problem. Turning it off and on fixes the problem everytime. I first noticed it about a year after I bought it (after the warranty was up of course). It only seems to pop up every month or so. I don't think mine is caused by an electric field because I have moved wires and the center channel that is in the TV stand and the problem always comes back eventually.

Anyway, I have learned to live with it because it is so easily fixed and the TV looks so good watching DVD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks