What's new

Green Smearing on laserdisc DVD and yes, Bluray! (1 Viewer)

Ed Moroughan

Second Unit
Real Name
Edward R. Moroughan
This reminds me of that guy that wanted Batman to be restored because the SE DVD didn't match his Batman baseball cards. Some days the interwebtubes can be a weird place to go. LOL

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I once had an argument with a guy who was disappointed in Blu-ray because he originally watched his favorite films in VHS on a 19" TV and since Blu-ray didn't recreate that original viewing experience, it was useless. He was bemoaning the future release of Jaws on Blu-ray because the "resolution is much greater than film" and would "expose the shark as fake". I had to take a breath before explaining that film has higher resolution than Blu-Ray, and "the shark looked fake in 1975 too."

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
This guy doesn't even know his own name. He's Ashley Heath here, but Andy Summers over at the Home Theater Shack...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You always want to give people the benefit of the doubt...but it's hard, sometimes, to take something like this seriously.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Last December, long before "Empire Fan" went back and scrubbed every single one of his/her posts in this thread (please read the quoted excerpts in the replies to get a sense of their ungrammatical, icoherent, borderline insane qualities) I posted this:

You need to list the MAKE AND MODEL of EACH piece of equipment you have, along with how each is connected to each, before anyone can help you.
Unless the "new information" includes this information, which to date has never been supplied, I strongly suggest the Empire Builder not bother posting anything else to this thread or wasting the time of the rest of us any more than he/she already has.

And what kind of ego-maniacal a**hole "bumps" a thread with an announcement that new information is forthcoming rather than waiting and posting the information itself? Does "Empire Builder" think we've all been breathlessly awaiting a new post in this thread for the past four months? We don't need "teaser trailers" in threads. When you have something new to post, post it. But don't post an announcement that you will, at some unspecified time in the future, have some unspecified "new thing" to post.

Meanwhile, on the theory that Empire Builder won't post an equipment list or anything else either useful or comprehensible, I'll warm up the Mockery Engine (tm). (See page one. )

Regards,

Joe

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino /forum/thread/295650/green-smearing-on-laserdisc-dvd-and-yes-bluray/30#post_3679754

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Well, Kemcha seems to have gone MIA and all of his threads have "died", so I suppose we need SOME form of entertainment around here...

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Given the bit of Soviet Historical Revisionism involved in replacing all of his/her original posts in this thread with the "Coming Soon..." announcement, would it be fair refer to the OP as "EvilEmpireFan" from now on? (Seriously. I've only seen that sort of behavior once on this forum, and it was from a member who has frankly discussed having some psychological and emotional issues. In that case the thread was not started by the member in question, and there was nothing objectively wrong or embarrassing about any of the "zapped" posts.)

Well, Kemcha seems to have gone MIA and all of his threads have "died", so I suppose we need SOME form of entertainment around here...
I hadn't noticed, but now that you mention it, Kemcha does seem to have fallen silent. Maybe we can start a rumor that the reason Supeman II, III and IV were never released on Blu-Ray was a persistent problem with a "green smear" in the masters. That way we can get the two of them together in the same thread.

OK, I'd say the Mockery Engine (tm) is ready to go. Bring on the "new information".

Regards,

Joe

Andrew Pierce

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Pierce
Kermit the frog was a card carrying member of the communist party. He's been known to dabble in inter-species erotica. The rainbow connection was another name for his LSD dealer. It's not easy being green, but that's no excuse.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Andrew Pierce ">[/url]

Kermit the frog was a card carrying member of the communist party. He's been known to dabble in inter-species erotica. The rainbow connection was another name for his LSD dealer. It's not easy being green, but that's no excuse.
[/QUOTE]
Nah, Kermit was an eco-terrorist, a real Green Warrior type. That little bastard Elmo was the card-carrying commie. Anybody could see he was a Red.

And you don't even want to know the kind of kinky stuff this broad was into

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Anyone notice the new trailer for the upcomming Shrek movie, he was green in all the scenes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Things are getting worse. On the original release, Princess Fiona was only affected by green smearing in the nighttime scenes. With our "wonderful new technology," she is green all the time. WTF is going on?

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Steve_Tk please tell me you are not even considering placing silica and salsa within at least 10 feet of each other!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks