What's new

Green Smearing on laserdisc DVD and yes, Bluray! (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
"LCD video projector"

Are you sure it isn't a DLP projector? Some people see trails of color due to the spinning color wheel.

Your replies are so full of hysterics, it is difficult to help you. Less opinion and more facts would result in people being able to help you.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
I'm a proud member of the Green Smear Deniers Club. Why not, the other "Green" denier club I belong to has been doing quite fine lately.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Ashley
Will you write my Holiday Letter to the extended family?
I'll send you some notes to work with. I can pay cash.

Thanks!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
How to Remove Grass Stains

grassstains.jpg

If you have kids and a yard, then you’re no stranger to grass stains. Grass stains are often a combination of the dye-like green chlorophyll of grass and other organic matter, such as dirt and mud. It is very important to treat grass stains as soon as possible because the longer they sit, the harder they will be to remove.
Table of Contents:
  1. What You Will Need
  2. Removing the Grass Stains
  3. Additional Tips and Advice

What You Will Need
  • Digestive enzyme capsules or tablets (found in most health food stores)
  • Cold water
  • Small bowl or cup
  • Laundry detergent
  • Washer
  • Plastic Spoon or Dull knife
Removing the Grass Stains
  1. Brush off any excess grass or dirt that remains on the clothing. If there is mud, gently scrape off any excess mud with a plastic spoon or dull knife, being careful not to spread the mud or grind it into the fabric.
  2. Break open two or three capsules of the digestive enzyme and pour the powder into a small bowl or cup (about a teaspoon’s worth). If you have tablets, on a cutting board or other protected surface, grind the tablets into a fine powder. Digestive enzyme capsules and tablets (such as Udo’s Choice™ and D-Enzymes™) are vegetable-based and can be found at most health and vitamin stores. Green People offers a lists of health food stores by area and online, please. For more information on Digestive Enzymes, see Enzyme Stuff.
  3. Mix a small amount of cold water with the enzyme powder until a thick past forms (probably about a tablespoon of water). The paste should be the consistency of toothpaste.
  4. Spread the enzyme paste on the grass stain, being sure to cover it completely and on both sides (if necessary). While this paste will generally be safe for most fabrics, you should test a small, inconspicuous area first to make sure there will be no issues with damage or discoloration to the material.
  5. Let the paste sit on the stain for at least one hour.
  6. Without removing the paste, place the stained clothing in the wash and launder as usual, preferably by itself, following the recommended wash cycle and temperature setting indicated on the clothing tag.
  7. After the wash, check the garment carefully for any sign of the stain. If the stain remains, DO NOT put the item in the dryer as the heat from the dryer will set the stain and it will be nearly impossible to remove.
  8. If any sign of the stain remains, repeat 3 through 5, but before allowing the paste to sit for an hour, rub it into the stain using a toothbrush or small nailbrush.
  9. Launder the garment again. By the end of the wash cycle, the stain should be gone or faded to a point where it is no longer noticeable.
Additional Tips and Advice
  • Always treat grass stains as soon as possible. If allowed to dry, the stain will set in and will be virtually impossible to remove.
  • If your fabric is a delicate material, such as wool or silk, it is not recommended that you attempt any of these methods. Instead, consider taking the item to a professional cleaner to avoid damage or discoloration.
  • NEVER attempt any of these cleaning methods on fabric that is designated as dry clean only; any such fabric should be taken to a professional dry cleaner.
  • ALWAYS test your cleaning solution on a small, inconspicuous area of the fabric before treating the stained area.
  • Always follow all care instructions and warning on the label of your particular clothing or fabric before following any of these stain removal suggestions. If anything contained on the label of your clothing or fabric contradicts the advice given here, opt to follow the advice on the label.
  • Hydrogen peroxide can be used to treat stubborn grass stain. Simply rub the stain with a cloth dampened with hydrogen peroxide and launder as usual. Use extreme caution when using hydrogen peroxide as it can have a bleaching affect on some fabrics (including the clothes you’re wearing when your trying to remove the stain). Always test a small, inconspicuous area first before to the stain. Please remember that Hydrogen Peroxide is a chemical substance and can be dangerous if mishandled. For more information visit the U.S. Department of Human Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
  • It is NOT recommended that you use any product containing ammonia (i.e. glass cleaners) or any alkaline based products to remove a grass stain; because of the particular and varied composition of grass stains, these products might actually set the stain rather than remove it.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Ashley:

Make and model.

Make and model.

Make and model.

Are you starting to get the idea?

You need to list the MAKE AND MODEL of EACH piece of equipment you have, along with how each is connected to each, before anyone can help you.

If you don't provide this information, we'll just go back to mocking you, because without it we can't help, and there's really nothing else to do with your posts.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Scott Merryfield

I'm surprised that silica has not been mentioned yet in this thread.
You know, I'll bet that green smear would go away if he just upgraded to more expensive cables. Or strategically placed small blocks of wood around his room.

Joe

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
OMG!!! I just watched The Matrix and everything looked green! That must be the green smearing the original poster was talking about.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino ">[/url]

If you don't provide this information, we'll just go back to mocking you, because without it we can't help, and there's really nothing else to do with your posts.

[/QUOTE]First we would have to cease mocking in order to "go back to" it.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
The remedy for "green smear" is to put all your DVDs, BluRays, etc. into a big vat of salsa and leave them in there for about an hour. Then remove them and rinse them with lukewarm water (not cold, not hot). Voila - no more "green smear".

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Originally Posted by Marianne

The remedy for "green smear" is to put all your DVDs, BluRays, etc. into a big vat of salsa and leave them in there for about an hour. Then remove them and rinse them with lukewarm water (not cold, not hot). Voila - no more "green smear".
But what would happen if you added silica to the salsa during this process?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein

I think that the sharp edges on the dried tomatoes, peppers, and onions would scratch the media, causing the needle in the player to skip.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Oooh that sounds bad. I hope I don't have to replace the needle in my PS3 any time soon.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Marianne

THAT is sooooo important. I used the cold water once and it caused "shrinkage."

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Todd H

It might work - just make sure that none of the DVDs are movies containing water of any kind or the water will be absorbed by the silica. For example, "The Perfect Storm" would become "The Perfect Sandstorm", "Waterworld" would become "Dustworld", etc.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Todd H

I think that would be bad. Sorta like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters.

Regards,

Joe

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Jeff Gatie

I think the green smear he's talking about is the old green magic marker trick on the sides of CD that helped keep the laser inside the cd so the sound was better.
That was exactly what I thought when I first read the title to this thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks