What's new

Green Screen - Denon DVD-2800 (1 Viewer)

Mike Hartman

Auditioning
I've had my Denon DVD-2800 for just over a month now and I popped in the Kingpin DVD last night (I watched it with no problems on Sunday) and all I got was a green screen. It looks almost like the red and blue lines aren't making it to the monitor.
Does anyone know what it might be? Is it best to take it to a technician or contact the point of purchase?
Thanks!

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know what it is, but my Hitachi does it once in a very long time too (a few days ago, probably about 5 months before that). I assume its a sign the machine is getting ready to die. When it happens to mine, I have to power off one or two times and it goes away. I'm saving for other HT toys so I'm hoping it doesn't become a regular thing in the near future.

Mike Hartman

Auditioning
Getting ready to die??
frown.gif

I just bought the thing 37 days ago.
I'm gonna go check the cables tonight or tomorrow. I hope that's it.
If I change the output from component to S-Video and the picture is fine, does that mean it's fixed or can this problem possibly be localized to the component output jacks?
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks