What's new

Green picture with component inputs (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I recently bought a Sharp 32C540(analog) TV, and have the DVD player hooked up directly to the TV with component cables. The picture is green, and the tint control improves it a little bit(but it's still too green)and you have to go all the way on full red. What do you think the problem is? I already made sure I didn't cross the component cables. Next I will try another component cable. What are the chances that the TV's component input is bad? Thanks.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
I know you said you already checked the cables, but it sounds like either bad cables or the cables are not in correctly.

Double check the inputs one more time, making sure the cables are securely in both the DVD player and the TV and in the correct input (the red input or ouput sounds like the problem). If you're using quality cables, sometimes the connections are tight, so make sure there all the way in.

If this doesn't help, try another set of cables.

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
that happened to me too,i have monster cables that sort of unscrewed a little bit from the ending of the cable

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Thanks guys. I tried another component cable and it works fine now. I was using the component cable that came with my Dish 811 sat. receiver(that was the culprit).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks