What's new

Green Pen, Black Pen, Blue Pen, Red Pen?...Say What? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
In my never ending search for the latest and greatest tweaks, please read about the spectacular benefits from the Red Pen over at Positve Feedback. In fact while you're there, browse around...makes Dean look like a Libertarian!

For more information from the website that brings you the Red Pen, like putting pictures around to improve the sound, check out the website.

Bon appetit!

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Chu, where do you find this stuff :D

I'm a Technician so prefer 'Negative Feedback', which works much better IMHO....

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Wanna hear a true "stranger in a strange land" story? Anyone who knows my views on audio matters knows I'm an objectivist, and very much opposed to the mysticism rampant in the High End. Well, for awhile I belonged to an audiophile club that was run by Carol Clark and her husband Dave. We were exposed to demonstrations of various "tweaks" at club meetings on a number of occasions, including "magic bricks", "seismic mats", and so forth. Far from demonstrating to me the efficacy of such stuff, it only served to give me real world experience in how nonsensical it all is. :)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I see, a splinter group of the infamous Dave Clark 5. BTW, in your estimation, how many people or what percentage that used to belong to that group bought into this?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member

Hard to say, Chu. I got the impression that skeptics in the group were somewhat shy (like me) about speaking out about how nonsensical it was. In fact, only one person really challenged a tweak promoter at one of these demos (the "magic brick" guy). I'd guess about 40% were of the "hmmm, interesting, but...." variety.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Anyone recall the fellow who claimed (as reported by Stereophile), many years ago, that LP's recorded from a digital source caused cracks in turntable platter bearings? I seem to recall that even Stereophile was skeptical about this one.

P.S. This is one of the most incredible pieces I have ever read on audio. I wonder about the sanity of anyone who believes it.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
And you also have to question the reviews of legitimate products like speakers when they appear in such publications too because you just can't tell if they can even set the up right for critical evaluation. It's kind of like finding that your latest copy of Science or the New England Jouranl of Medicine has a feature article by Joe Smith discussing the positive benefits of casting chicken bones to diagnose ailments.
Our great grandfathers knew it as snake oil. Today, due to a variety of reasons, it's politely called alternative whatever which lends it an air of legitimacy. That's all it takes folks. That's all they want. A foot in the door. And we wonder why, billions of dollars later, that SAT scores really haven't moved that much?

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Has no one heard that spreading Maple Syrup over the surface of an LP improves the tracking of the tone arm by binding the stylus into the tracks? It must be Aunt Jemima's Country Lite though :D

N

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
I'll admit, I'm not the brightest guy in the world... but I think I must be missing something...

This guy isn't suggesting that my CDs will sound better if I write my name on the jewel case is he?

Does this work with other things???

I mean, if I write my name on the dashboard of my car, will I get better fuel economy, or just a better zero to 60 time?

Hmm.... I think I'll go sew my name in my underwear and see what happens...

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Just to try this I wrote "Garrett Lundy > Bad" on my 'Best of KODO vol.2' cd in GREEN pen to see what would happen....

Snakes flew out of my Paradigm Atoms and tried to bite me!:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks