What's new

International Green For Danger ('46) - coming to Blu-Ray UK from Network (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I just received an email from Network UK

Green For Danger (1946) will be coming to Blu-Ray on October 28

Starring Alastair Sim. Directed by Sidney Gilliat.

Last edited:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
This was one of the first two movies I reviewed for HTF when Criterion released it on DVD many years ago. As I recall I loved the film! Great news about the Blu-ray coming!

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just preordered. Cost including delivery $13.75.
They charge card immediately (although with exchange rate so low right now, I’d rather lock in the price now rather than take a chance on what it will be in two months)

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
This is an excellent movie, well written and acted by an outstanding British cast.
For members who have not seen it I am certain that you are in for a treat.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I have the Criterion DVD, a very nice transfer as you would expect, but I would gladly upgrade to a Blu. Green for Danger is a clever serial murder mystery with a great cast set in the war ravaged Britain of the V-1 Buzz Bomb blitz of post D-day 1944. Atmospheric in the most effective ways, and the model miniature sequences showing the German Buzz bombs flying through the dark skies are very convincingly done.

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
Last edited:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Do you remember if the audio commentary was any good?
I found my review. Here’s what I said about the commentary:
“The commentary, recorded in 1993 for the laserdisc release, contains Mr. Eder’s familiar level of insight and steady balance of artistic and historic appreciation. And while the commentary could be a little livelier, the level of understanding and context provided here more than makes up for the times when it is a little dry.”

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TBH, I thought this Blu-ray was just mediocre video presentation-wise. The recent TCM showing looked better to me with fewer blemishes than this Blu-ray disc. I'm glad to have it in my disc library, but, I was a bit disappointed.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I have the Criterion DVD, a very nice transfer as you would expect, but I would gladly upgrade to a Blu. Green for Danger is a clever serial murder mystery with a great cast set in the war ravaged Britain of the V-1 Buzz Bomb blitz of post D-day 1944. Atmospheric in the most effective ways, and the model miniature sequences showing the German Buzz bombs flying through the dark skies are very convincingly done.

Keep the Criterion DVD it is excellent. The new Network BD is awful. Drop outs all over the place from scene to scene and a very soft picture . The Criterion DVD looks like a bluray when compared to the Network BD. Very very disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks