What's new

Green dots showing on TV (1 Viewer)

JRS2077

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
[SIZE= 14px]Wasn’t sure were to post this. Sorry in advance.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14px]Purchased a new VIZIO 55” LCD HDTV and connected directly to HD Cable box using composite cables. Everything looked great. Decided to connect using HDMI for better picture and again everything looked great. After a day or two of using TV, I noticed green dots on the screen. Thought the issue was with the TV so I tested the picture using a blue-ray disk through my PS3 which is also directly connected to the TV with an matching HDMI cable. There were NO green dots. I thought that there might be an issue with the cable itself and swapped the Cable box HDMI cable with the PS3’s… green dots still there. I tried another HDMI port on the TV with the same results. I reverted back to the composite cables and still had the green dots. I verified that all the Cable wires were screwed on tightly… green dots still there. I then tried connecting the Cable directly to the back of the TV (by passing the cable box) and there were NO green dots. I’ve come to the conclusion that issue must reside in the Cable box. Is this a fair assessment or I have I missed something?[/SIZE]

JRS2077

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
Thanks for the input. I'll update when I get a chance to swap the cable box out.

JRS2077

Auditioning
Real Name
joe
changed out the cable box and the picture looks great again. thanks for.the confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks