Green Dolphin Street (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Roger,
As stated, this is a Warner title. I see it on Turner Classic Movies from time to time. Its only hope of release is some kind of tie-in with a Lana Turner marketing scheme, but I too, wouldn't hold my breath.

Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

If marketing tie-ins are the only hope for many old catalog titles like this, then many of us are going to suffocate while waiting. Makes me long for the old LD days when older catalog titles got released more often.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Perhaps the future isn't as bleak as it seems. We've just recently seen KINO release LOVE ME TONIGHT and APPLAUSE, and Warner release LAUGH, CLOWN, LAUGH and THE ACE OF HEARTS..All titles that were never available on VHS or laserdisc

And forthcoming is Paramount's HALF A SIXPENCE, which never appeared on laserdisc...

Meanwhile, GREEN DOLPHIN STREET wasn't released on laserdisc until 1992, a point in which most of the more popular MGM classics had already been released prior.

Taking into account Warner's tremendous (and praiseworthy) turnaround when it comes to finally releasing their classics on DVD (we're getting 12 top older titles just within the next 5 weeks), I wouldn't think it inordinate to conceive that a title such as GREEN DOLPHIN STREET would appear from them on DVD within the next 2-3 years.

Let's hope so...!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks