Green Acres: "Arnold is Drafted": HORRIBLE TV LAND PRINT!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jack Platt, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

If you have ever seen "I Didn't Raise My Pig To Be A Soilder" (a.k.a "Arnold is Drafted") on TV LAND, you can see just how bad it is. Not in terms of storyline, but in terms of episode print quality. It is obviously a 16mm or 35mm back up print that they used. I thought the film was gonna break at any moment! It is good that the DVD versions of the first three Seasons of Green Acres have done a fairly good job of restoring the prints. I seem to recall at least one other episode that TV Land uses a back up print on for Green Acres. Does anyone know which one it is?

Does anyone know who the distributer is for Green Acres and if the syndicated prints/edits on them are the same as TV Land's versions? TV Land should REALLY try to get a better print of this episode! I recall my local syndicate affiliate showing Green Acres last year on a station that we have on digital cable, and all the episodes looked great. So, I would think that TV Land has different edits than local syndicated stations. Thank God for DVD and uncut, quality print episodes! (Considering the age of this series.)

Jack

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    The DVD versions of Green Acres have pretty darned good so far (I only have seasons 1 and 2). Your thread title lead me to believe that the DVD used the TV Land print.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    There is one episode on the Season 3 DVD that is of noticeably poor quality compared to the rest (can't remember which at the moment). Not sure what happened, but it was just the one episode.

4. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Matt,

Trust me, I got all 3 Seasons of the DVD, and that episode looks tons better on DVD than on TV Land! LOL. I watched another Green Acres episode today on TV Land and the quality was WAY better. I think it may be just that episode that looks really bad.

Jack

5. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

That's great news. I'm still viewing GA Season 1. Love this series...

"Arnold, Turn off that TV Set!" [​IMG]