What's new

Greatest kisses in a movie (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Man we're really running out of thread titles that don't pertain to current events :) . Naw, this one is good fellas. What in your opinion are some of the best kisses in a movie and why? Mine is not exactly from a movie, but hands down the best:

Sports Night: Casey and Dana

That first kiss in Special Powers is just one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen or heard in the world of music, television, and film. Perfectly written, perfectly performed, perfectly shot, perfectly edited and perfect music by Betty Everett. This is the best kiss I have ever seen committed to film.

You can read my original post about it here.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I thought of another one.

Jackie Brown - Max Cherry and Jackie Brown: This is another one that gives you a lot of satisfaction. I love how Quentin leaves the camera very stable and does a very subtle zoom. The lack of any music only intensifies the scene. Honestly, the first time I saw the film it was a bit of a "Where did this come from?" moment. But after viewing the film again, it makes sense.

And at the prison, "Natural High" is not playing in Robert Forster's head. QT fans know what I'm talking about ;)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
How about the long scene in Notorious where Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman exchange kisses while he talks on the phone? They keep interrupting things with dialogue because of production code restrictions that limited on-screen kisses to only a few seconds, but the whole scene plays out very passionately.

There's also Grace Kelly's first appearance in Rear Window, where the build-up shots of her approaching Jimmy Stewart to kiss him are possibly the best on-screen images of her career. Since I think she was the most beautiful actress ever, this was a pretty obvious choice for me! :D

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
The Sarah Michelle Gellar "teach you how to do it right" kiss in Cruel Intentions. You know the one i mean.

Gets me going every single time.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Dangerous Liaisons: John Malkovich & Michelle Pfeiffer (after the suicide threat)
When Night is Falling: Petra & Camille (in door opening)
Cape Fear: De Niro & Juliette Lewis

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I have some:

Raiders of the Lost Ark on Katanga's boat. He points to the last place that doesn't hurt on his body and after they kiss, he is sound asleep. Great scene.

To Catch a Thief - great Cary Grant/Grace Kelly kiss at the end.

Jimmy Stewart/Donna Reed in It's a Wonderful Life.

From Here to Eternity is probably the hands down one everyone remembers on the beach.

Great present day one was Toby Maguire/Kirsten Dunst in Spiderman with the "upside down" kiss.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The pool kiss in Baz's Romeo & Juliet from 1996.

Another "teaching" kiss - Some Kind of Wonderful (easily my favorite)

Take care,
Chuck

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Surprised no one has mentioned the "silhouettes" kiss from "Top Gun." "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin playing in the background.

JKS

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Agree with Haggai & Tommy G here. The best kisses in film history are:

Grace Kelly & James Stewart in Rear Window. Wow!
Grace Kelly & Cary Grant in To Catch A Thief. Wow Wow!

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak - one of the longest kisses in movie history - VERTIGO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks