What's new

Greatest American Hero!!! (1 Viewer)

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Good to hear that Anchor Bay is releasing it. They've gotten to be pretty good lately at putting out feature-packed TV sets like Xena and Three's Company. And they seem to be committed to getting out the whole run of the show. I'll buy at least the first two seasons of this one!

Robert DH

Auditioning
I hope they show it minus the no-longer-needed redubbing of his name. It was so clumsy and even then did not need doing. I also hope they have the episodes in production order, as its status as "most-preempted" lead to some episodes not even being shown in its first run, and it seems wrong to dump them at the end just because of the network's choices. I agree that the box should look like the one the suit came in, or better still the (first) book of instructions! It goes without saying that the Greatest American Heroine pilot should be there.

And for the previous poster- the emblem on the chest is a book-and-arrow. I guess it symolized the book and what you could do with it. Unfortunately, he didn't have the book...

There are only 45 episodes total, and they don't split up evenly into seasons. I hope they release it in one big set, or both sets at the same time... all my favorites seem to be towards the end. By curious coincidence, the ones with Pam in bikinis are there, too...

By the way, which episode had Connie Sellecca's character Pam distracting the bad guys by going to their front door and making like a very seductive charity collector?

TomJC

Grip
They could split this into two sets. They should do a gift set with a shirt in a box designed like the alien costume box, with the DVD case removable in the same way as the instruction book (though not sliding out as easily while carrying it through the desert :) ).

Rick P

Supporting Actor
45 episodes total....

1st season - 9
2nd season - 22
3rd season - 13 (4 unaired in original run)
'revival pilot' - 1

that split into 2 sets badly no matter how you do it... I would rather pay the upfront and just make it a 12 disc set (the 44 'original' on 11 discs and the 12th disc of the 'revival' pilot and extras..)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I hope they release all the episodes in one set. I can live with 2 volumes but it would be nice to get them all at once.

Tony Bufort

Auditioning
Hello Greatest American Hero Fans!

Come join us at the new "TheGreatestAmericanHero" Yahoo group at:

tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheGreatestAmericanHero

Now under new management, we are striving to be the #1 resource for everything related to The Greatest American Hero. Pictures, files, messages, all sorts of info, chat, and more! Cast bios, where-are-they-now photos, the list goes on and on.

So come on over and join us. Become an active member, and, between all of us, we'll make a great group even greater.

As Bill Maxwell would say, "That's the scenario, kids." :)

-Tony Bufort
Owner, "TheGreatestAmericanHero" Yahoo Group

Tony Bufort

Auditioning
Hey Aryn,

Thanks for your post! Posted a link to the cover on my Yahoo group. Please feel free to join if you're not a member already (see previous message for URL).

-Tony

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Since Anchor Bay released the immensely screwed-up 21 Jump Street set, I don't hold out much hope for The Greatest American Hero...let's see...changed music...cut syndicated versions... :frowning:

Yeah, I know, I'm a bit cynical these days.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I really don't remember much about this show cause I was so young, but I do remember singing the song all the time because my mom still owns the theme on a 45! Rock on. I'll probably see if I can rent this one somewhere, unless it's very cheap.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Was the show ever syndicated? It only lasted 3 seasons (the 3rd cut short early) so you might not need to worry about this.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The show was definitely syndicated, and it was most definitely cut. I caught an episode six or seven years ago (can't remember which station), an episode which I'd practically memorized from an audio tape I'd made during the original broadcast (we, um, didn't have a VCR yet), and there was lots of stuff missing.

The episode, the title of which somehow escapes me, dealt with Pam being held hostage on an airplane, and Ralph acquiring yet another new power (precognition).

Rick P

Supporting Actor
The recent (current) Canadian airings on Showcase Action appeared to be (for the most part) uncut.. clocking in at around 47 minutes/ep. This is without the 'on this episode' teaser and the 'coming next time' trailer... but they looked pretty complete to me (no OBVIOUS snips). I hope this set looks good, I'll gladly retire my homemades...

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Maybe not.. none of the songs used were the ORIGINAL ARTISTS singing them.. most were Joey Scarborogh (sp?) covers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks