1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest American Hero: Season 2 - Missing Booklet?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Joseph J.D, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I purchased the Season 2 boxset this past week and noticed that there was no booklet included. Just want to know if there is supposed to be one in there.

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Mine included a very useless insert: a single sheet (folded) with 16 trivia questions inside with the answers on the back.

3. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    The trivia question insert is all I got as well.

4. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I just picked this up this morning. I didn't get a booklet either I didn't notice any trivia thing either. No biggie though. What do you guys think of the set so far?

5. Pete Battista

Pete
    I only watched the first disc so far myself... I am enjoying it. Seems to be pretty much up to par with Season 1.

6. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    PQ is surprisingly great on these sets... shame about the music substitutions, but the low price eases my hurt over it. Bring on season 3!

7. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I'm on the 2nd disc now and I agree with video on these discs are great. The only episode so far where I really noticed the music was "Classical Gas". Is season 3 coming out in Aug or Sept? I've heard both as possible dates.

8. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    The song "Eve Of Destruction" was removed from the disc 1 episode "Operation: Spoil Sport"... it's the song that repeatedly gets dedicated to Ralph on the radio. Ralph even mentions the song by name... but that's NOT the song heard in the episode now!

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Not only that, but it's one of the questions in the booklet!

Gord

10. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

Could that be why some people didn't get this insert?

11. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

The music issue aside I'm really enjoying this set I'm about to start disc 3 now.

12. pitchman

pitchman Screenwriter

Gary
    Yeah, this is very unfortunate. When I watched this episode the other night I found it VERY distracting to hear another song playing in its place. Normally, I don't get all hot and bothered by song substitutions, but when a song is integral to the story (and the song title is mentioned by name by one of the characters), then I think the producers have an obligation to try and secure the appropriate music license. Personally, I think it cheapens what is an otherwise splendid TVonDVD presentation.

As for me, I got the trivia question insert in my boxset.

13. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Thanks for the responses regarding the missing insert. I went to the Anchor Bay website and submitted their customer service request form in the meantime. Considering that it isn't much of an insert from what has been said here, it's really not that big a deal.....but I will still be happy if the folks at Anchor Bay send a copy in response to my request.[​IMG]

14. Pete Battista

Pete
    Good luck getting the insert [​IMG]

I am watching Disc 3 now... and not having much of a problem with the music changes (other then of course the obvious one) As it has been so many years since I seen this show I forget what music was on there anyway... plus... and I know this will be a very unpopular statement here... but I am not a big music fan anyway so it just don't bother me in general. Although I do believe that the studios should do all in their power to get us everything as it originally aired on principle.

15. Pete Battista

Pete
    Something that I just realized...

Did I forget something... or just miss something...

I am now on disc 4 of the set... And as far as I can remember... they have not mentioned Ralph's son.... and I don't remember seeing him at all in season 2. Did they ever explain where he went to?... Wait I do remember him being mentioned (Not Seen) in the episode where the kids were drag racing in front of Ralph's house since Rhonda was babysitting and they didn't want Rhonda to miss the race. Anyway... was it mentioned where Ralph's son disappeared to?

16. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Screenwriter

Craig Beam
    Nope.... Kevin just kinda got written out of the show. It kinda seems like maybe he gets an out-of-the-blue mention sometime in season 3, but I could be wrong.

17. Pete Battista

Pete
    Thanks Craig...
    I thought I was going nuts or something... well atleast missed something there! :p)