What's new

Greater Toronto Area (ON) meet?!?!? (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Do you have a LITTLE problem with dust?:)

Is this the big project you were doing??

I'm always in, this time I need to make sure I book the Saturday off or I'll probably get scheduled.

Let's hope more people look here, or we'll have to Email individually.

Brent

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, this was the big project I was working on. I've still got a bit of work to do, but it's mostly complete. It took me 6 weeks to get it done.

I'll let Wayne M. know about it as well. He might want to get involved. He's upgraded his system with new speakers and a new receiver.

As for dust, not really. There's an intake for the furnace inside the room, which keeps the room mostly free of dust.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Norm,

Looks like your room turned out great!

I'm touch and go at the moment, but I'm sure I can make time :)

Cheers!
Mass

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hi Norm,

I'm moving to Toronto at the beginning of next month and am definitely interested in a meet. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Jeremy

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
I've got 2 now :) I built a DIY from the old driver. I thinking of building one more (I got a BASH amp upgrade from SVS), so I have the old amp lying around. I'm still not at reference but I'm getting there ... 115-116db @ 20hz.

They're neatly tucked away behind my screen 96" ... I upgraded to front projection (Panasonic PT-AE300)after I had a sneak peak at Norms.

Cheers!
Mass

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
How do you like your Panny AE300 Mass?

I'm very happy with my HS10. I wish the blacks were a little better, but I can live with it until I get my next projector in 3 or 4 years.

I've got to start to send PM's to the old gang to get this thing going.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
Norm, I absolutely love the AE300. The Sony was still a little outside of my price range, but I think it hold up pretty good. The black level is outstanding, especially with the HOYA filter. If I'm able to make it, I might be able to bring it down (if you want). I'll have to take it down from my ceiling mount :frowning:

I'll let Rob know 'bout the meet. He was at the last meet in Kitchener. I'm sure he's interested in coming.

Cheers!
Mass

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Mass, you're welcome to bring your FP if you wish, or if anyone else would like to see it, but I know how you feel about taking it down. I probably wouldn't bring mine anywhere right now.

And yes, let Rob know about the thread.

For now though, I'll be gone for the next 4 or 5 days. I'm heading up to the cottage to close it up for the winter, and to have Thanksgiving with most of the family.

Be back on Monday.

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
Depending on the date I hope to be able to attend. I also have an infocus X1 that can be easily taken down and brought along if people are interested in seeing it.

Walter.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nice job Norm!

I'd be interested in attending as well.

At this point I'm fairly hardwared out. Still love to see your setup though.

Any interest in watching a whole movie or going to a nearby theater to catch something current as part of the agenda?

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
As of this point, there is no agenda. Everything is open for debate.

For info purpose, we have a Galaxy Theatre here in Orangeville.

I'll be picking up Matrix Reloaded tomorrow, and will have the Indiana Jones trilogy as well, so we can have a movie marathon if anyone wishes it. (I also have all five star Wars movies. OT on laserdisc.)

But, as I said, everything is up for consideration.

Any ideas?

Fernando A

Auditioning
Let me know if you want a total newbie to attend. Green as they come. I have a great design in mind for my basement though and would love your experienced feedback.

:b

Don't worry, My feelings won't be hurt if you don't reply for I know that some day I will do the HT gods proud.:)

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Jeremy, I was just about to begin talking about that.

As far as I know, all Saturdays in November are ok with me. Except the 1st of November.

So, these dates are available:

November 8
November 15
November 22
November 29

Let me know your preferences. :emoji_thumbsup:

Walter Feddern

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that the next matrix movie opens on Nov. 5, so if we were to do the 8th, we could check out Reloaded at Norms, then head to a theater to see Revolutions. Depends I guess on how much movie watching people want to do.

Could also split things into afternoon at Norms, grab some food, and those up for it can head out to an evening show (will probably be packed opening weekend though, so best to get some advance tickets).

Walter.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I'm still not sure about my weekends right now. My preference would be for a little bit later into November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks