What's new

Great Sounding Economical Processor??? (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Dear HTF team,

I'm putting together a home theater for my bedroom. I'm looking for an economical, but great sounding processor. My main home theater has an ADA Cinema Rhapsody (2k) which would be overkill. The amps I've put together are 3 Parasound HCA-1000s. The speakers are 4 NHT SB3's and the center is an NHT SC-1.

I have an extra Sony SDP-E800 ($100) processor which is great, but I'm a fan of DTS and this processor doesn't handle that. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gareth

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Gareth,

"economical" and "great sounding" are both basically value judgements, so it would be a help if you could indicate maybe a rough budget ($200? $600?) and examples of "bad sounding" or "good sounding" gear you may have heard.

Are there any particular features (other than DTS) that you might need/wish?

Regards,

Mike

DonJ

Second Unit
I love my H/K 320 but the NAD T751 and the Outlaw 1050 are very nice also. The Outlaw is on 499.00 direct very good price for very good equipment.
www.outlawaudio.com

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Here's an economical Link Removed. Great sounding? Some of us want to find out....

Dzung Pham

Second Unit
You may want to check out the Technics SH-AC500 which can be had for much less than $200 on ebay. The Pioneer VSX-D810 Receiver has pre-outs, DTS-ES and a multichannel input and can be had for around $300. If you go up to $500, you should be able to find plenty of used quality units that will DD/DTS 5.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks