What's new

GREAT RACE QUESTION (1 Viewer)

trajan007

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Larry C Bender
The long palace hallway in THE GREAT RACE that Jack Lemmon as the king comes walking up sure looks like the long hallway in the My Fair Lady ballroom that Audrey Hepburn meets all the upper class. Possible? On on another note, the first ten minutes of THE GREAT RACE has a sound defect. You have to turn up the sound almost all the way to even here it. Sound goes back to normal during the boardroom scene. Wonder how this happened?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
You must have the lucky disc, mine has the same level for the first 18 minutes as the rest of the movie. :)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
The long palace hallway in THE GREAT RACE that Jack Lemmon as the king comes walking up sure looks like the long hallway in the My Fair Lady ballroom that Audrey Hepburn meets all the upper class. Possible? On on another note, the first ten minutes of THE GREAT RACE has a sound defect. You have to turn up the sound almost all the way to even here it. Sound goes back to normal during the boardroom scene. Wonder how this happened?

THE GREAT RACE was filmed at the Warner Bros. studio a year after MY FAIR LADY was filmed at the Warner Bros. studio. Seems highly unlikely they'd go to the expense of building a new set when they've already got what they need.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
On on another note, the first ten minutes of THE GREAT RACE has a sound defect. You have to turn up the sound almost all the way to even here it. Sound goes back to normal during the boardroom scene. Wonder how this happened?

It's not so much the sound, it's the dialogue that's a bit muddy for the first few minutes, the old DVD was just the same. I'd think most people don't even notice it.

schmo

Grip
Real Name
Joe Schmo
The sound on the blu-ray is pretty bad for the first 18 minutes. At least they managed to fix the DVD sound effect screw-up where they transposed the booing and clapping over the Jack Lemmon/Tony Curtis title cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks