What's new

Great Race -- Corrected Version (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I'd held off on buying The Great Race because of the soundtrack problem, much-discussed, where they screwed up the booing and cheering in the opening credits. Instead I rented it and switched to the French mono soundtrack for the opening credits.

But today I finally bought a copy, and to my happy surprise, the problem was fixed: the original soundtrack was restored in the opening credits (in the English soundtrack, I mean), with booing for Lemmon, cheering for Curtis, and wolf-whistles for Wood.

I don't know when WB fixed the problem or how to tell a fixed copy from a non-fixed copy (I don't see any difference in the packaging from the version that came out a couple of years ago). But if you have a copy of The Great Race with the screwed-up soundtrack, you might want to consider calling WB and asking if you can get a replacement.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I searched and couldn't find a thread that mentioned the corrected version.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
Well that is good to hear that Warner did fix the problem because that's why I have never bought it! It's too bad they made no announcement about this or made it easy to figure out a good copy from a bad one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks