What's new

Great Race at B&M? (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I also have had no luck finding this at any store locally. I was hoping to use my Best Buy coupon this weekend. Borders has it listed as special order. I will probably just order on-line. This is a great movie, but unfortuneatley, doesn't have a mass appeal. Retailers don't know what they are missing by not selling this great movie.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
I wound up picking up my copy from DeepDiscountDvd.Com who had it for $14.39 shipped which was cheaper than BestBuy B&M which had it on sale for $14.99+tax opening week.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Checked at the BB in Holyoke, MA on release date. They stated that it was not on thier order form. The "manager" I spoke to had never heard of the film! Oh well, looks like DDD gets my business once again. Thanks.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Got mine at Media Play...seems they always have the titles that BB doesnt feel like ordering...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Our local Circuit City has this DVD in stock but they are asking $15.99. I might just order on-line from DDD if they still have the $14.99.

SusanO

Agent
I've seen it at Borders in Houston for $14.99 and Circuit City for $15.99 - have not seen it at Best Buy and haven't been in a Barnes & Noble in ages

Roy Van Nostrand

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roy Van Nostrand
Buy it online and have it delivered! It's a GREAT movie!

The other day I sent my wife to pick up title that I ordered at BB online and to save shipping, I chose "pickup at store" ...the customer (dis-)service line had forty some people in it (according to the little woman) and after she secured her own copy and tried to check out, dealing w/both the asst. mgr. and a.h. mgr. she came home; and after dealing with the traffic driving there, the parking, the crowd, and the under-staffed store, she TRIED TO KILL ME!!!! I mean, literally KILL ME!!! I'm ordering online for delivery only from now on, and I've been doing this w/DVDs since Sept. 1997. From time to time, she'll call me from Walmart, when she happens to be there shopping and asks if there's anything out that week to pick up on DVD and that's okay to do. But, trust me if she has to go to BB, she'll come home and try to kill you.

This has been somewhat more than just my two cents.

If it's only "a penny for your thoughts", why do you always get somebody's two cents? ...Well, you asked for it.

Cheers ...the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks