What's new

Great Pumpkin 10/28 on ABC (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
This will probably sound stupid, but I have to rant somewhere.

Sat down last night to watch this with my 2 boys. Transfer was pretty old, not nearly as good as the dvd, but we watched anyway.

So the Halloween party scene comes up, Lucy bobs for an apple, kisses Snoopy and then wham, Snoopy is in the pumpkin patch with Linus and Lucy. Did they think we wouldn't notice they cut out the scene with Schroeder playing the piano and Snoopy dancing, marching, laughing and crying?

I suppose ABC wanted another couple of minutes of commercials, so they cut that part out. "Noboby will miss it." The show isn't even that long, is it? Do they really need to cut 2 minutes out of it?

That kind of craps irritates me. Thankfully we can purchase the full version on dvd.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I have it on DVD and don't watch it on TV, and even cutting a second of this classic should be outlawed!!!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
They also cut out Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown towards the beginning of the special.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle

I missed the first minute or so, didn't know that. How can you cut *THAT* scene out?!?

ABC should be shot. :angry:

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
So the Halloween party scene comes up, Lucy bobs for an apple, kisses Snoopy and then wham, Snoopy is in the pumpkin patch with Linus and Lucy.
More reasons why ABC=Another Bad Choice

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Thank God for my DVDs. Here's to releases of the Garfield holiday specials on DVD, since no one wants to show them anymore (thank God for my VHS-off-TV copy of Garfield's Christmas, but I sure do miss the Halloween :frowning: Gimme, Gimme)

Chris

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
It also seemed like the opening music was speeded up - the show was probably time-compressed as well. And the networks wonder why their ratings keep dropping. :rolleyes

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
That parts sticks out in my mind more than any other in the special :eek:. Cant believe they cut it.

Thats why I never watch Network TV. I put up with it only for The Simpsons.

Sad becuase even if you have it on DVD its not the same, having grown up watching on TV.

I felt this with the Grinch. Usually I complain about the commercials and such but putting in the DVD isnt the same as the anticipation of watching it on TV.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one that misses the Dolly Madison and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese ads? (I'm old).
Remember the York Peppermint Patty ads that ran in the '70s when CBS broadcast the Peanuts cartoons?

"I feel like I'm standing on a tall mountain, the wind whipping through my hair..."

Get the sensation!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yet another great reason to own the Holiday Classics on DVD.

I understand that ABC is in business to sell advertising space, but c'mon! Isn't there anyone at that network who actually CARES about programming like this?

Back when my sister and I were little, the "annuals" were a HUGE deal at my house. Since this was way before DVD (and several years before VHS became prominent), once-a-year was the only time we could catch the Charlie Brown specials, the Grinch, all those wonderful animated specials with Baby New Year and Frosty, etc.

Sure, plenty of parents can now break out these shows on DVD and that's fantastic. It just saddens me a little to see a quaint little annual tradition fall by the wayside in the name of simple corporate greed.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I don't mind ABC's dishonesty half as much as I mind their opinion of us. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks