Great price on the Pioneer VSX-D811S Receiver @ Best Buy - $299 + Tax

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Ernst, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

If anyone is seriously considering the purchase of this receiver, Best Buy currently has it on sale for $299 + local tax if it applies. The receiver is also this price via BestBuy.com - however, I've heard that BB has started to charge for handling fees in addition to the shipping charges, so it might be better to pick it up locally.

I'm not sure how long the sale is good for. But, I would suspect that today - Saturday 12/14/2002 could be the last day for the sale.

[Edit]: Best Buy has kept the 811 @ $299.99 for the past several weeks. It is now estimated that this sale will end on 1/4/2003.

2. Wayne Ernst

There's another way to get this receiver for a bit cheaper. Some people are buying the receiver from Circuitcity.com and are using the MSN Holiday promotion where they will get 20% back in February 2003 for other purchases. They are then having Circuit City match Best Buy's price. All together, the 'net' price is about $180.00. The only downside to the deal is waiting until February for the 20% incentive -- that you have to use to buy more stuff as opposed to just getting a rebate back or cash off the purchase price. The Circuit City deal also involves receiving a $30 gift card.

The details as taken from Anandtech.com:

3. DanMU

DanMU Agent

The BB deal on this receiver is good until 01/04/03.

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    You can also get to this deal through our Deals page which gives credit to HTF for the purchase.

Parker

5. DanMU

DanMU Agent

"You can also get to this deal through our Deals page which gives credit to HTF for the purchase.

Parker "

Can you please provide a link to this? I'm new here and I haven't seen/can't find a deals page. Thanks.

Dan

6. DanMU

DanMU Agent

7. SeanDM

SeanDM Agent

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Dan:

The link can be found on the main forum listing just below the Coupons and Bargains area in the HTF Marketplace.

Parker

9. DanMU

DanMU Agent

Thanks, Sean. It appears, unfortunately, that CC online has squireled away all their D811s's! At Anandtech in the thread on the D811s deal at Best Buy is posted the inside dope - CC have the receivers in their warehouse but they removed the item entirely from the website. You see the 411, 511 and 711, but no 811. Obviously, they want to prevent people from price matching the Best Buy deal until it's over next Saturday. Good for you. I should have tried to do this several days ago when it was still possible. Now I think I'll get a Kenwood VR-6060 or VR-6070. Probably the 6070, since I can get it for around $55 more and it evidently has OSD, preamp outs and THX certification. However, I'm not sure I will benefit from those features, particularly the THX. However, I think you got your receiver for little more than 1/2 what I'm probably going to pay.

10. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

Here's the link for HTF:
    BestBuy
    Search for: D811S
    Thanks.

11. Wayne Ernst

12. DanMU

DanMU Agent

13. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

We may be able to get a deal on the 811S for a bit less soon, so if you miss out on BB's, don't worry. Just a bit of advanced warning for HTF folks. [​IMG]