What's new

Great movies for 6.1 systems (1 Viewer)

Doug Smith

Second Unit
I was wondering if anyone out there could suggest some DVD's that really give the rear surround channel a workout. The best I've seen is Gladiator (the axe throwing scene is fantastic) but I was wondering about other movies and specific scenes.

D

DAN NEIR

I would say The Haunting in dts-es, Chicken Run, Episode I, T-2, and possible even Rush Hour 2.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Here's a flash from the past that's really cool in 6.1: try extracting that center-rear channel on the DD-5.1 mix of YELLOW SUBMARINE. Some really cool effects (especially during the song "Yellow Submarine").

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
Let's see, one of the best has to be Fight Club. Then there's Pitch Black, especially in scenes where the creatures are flying around, or the very beginning when the ship takes hits and crashes. TS2, crossing the street to the Toy Barn, with the traffic all around, and then the tanker truck jack-knifes around the room, the scene where the car crashes into the super ball bin, and the balls bounce all around you, and the "out-takes" are good for 6.1. TS2 has a lot of good scenes.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The bests are to me:The Haunting, SW:Episode I,Exorcist,Fight Club.

And the ones without encoding: Dracula[Coppola],Das Boot,Godzilla.Final Fantasy:The Spirits within.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks