Great Job Warners

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tom Mantan D., Feb 22, 2006.

1. Tom Mantan D.

Sep 10, 2003
    Just wanted to drop Kudos to Warners on their chat and its details, truly the best studio when it comes to preserving their films and rights and taking care of their fan's interests.

Biggest news for me was the old detectives including Charlie Chan, The Falcon, The Saint and Perry Mason.

Glad to see they love the classics,

Thanks again to Warners,

Tom D.

Ps. Do you think Columbia will take notice (The Lone Wolf, Boston Blackie, The Whistler, The Crime Doctor) These films do and will sell guys, take your lead from Warners!!!!!
  2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Dec 31, 2003
    Ditto to Tom's post above.

I don't want to sound like a suck-up to Warners, but they deserve a lot of credit for taking the time to listen to their consumers and treating each and every question with respect regardless of the era or genre involved. There literally is something for everyone in their releases. WHV is under no obligation to have these chats, but they cheerfully do so year after year. It's darn impressive that they can respond knowledgeably and quickly to every question regardless of how obscure the title is.

Examples of them responding to feedback doesn't involve just titles. Just last night we learned they're making 1.66:1 films anamorphic [​IMG] They're saving us shelf space by going slim line where practical [​IMG] [​IMG] They're no longer going to make us buy titles twice by putting previously released titles in boxes [​IMG]

I have a lot of respect for WHV because they have respect for their consumer and their film library. It is without exaggeration that I say at least 85% of my DVD spending is for WHV product (probably closer to 85% of my take home pay [​IMG] )

PS - Completely agree on the Columbia titles. These sell like hotcakes on the grey market. The success of the Thin Man, MPI's Holmes set and MGM's Chanthology shows that there is a viable market for this genre. I hear Grover Crisp is bringing a new era to Sony. Hopefully some of these will be on his radar at some point.