Great Job, Ron!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I really enjoyed your year-end report, and I liked your idea of a widescreen vs. PnS tutorial on new DVD releases.
    I hope the studios take a look at your article and take your constructive criticisms to heart. We don't want another Willy Wonka debacle.
    Happy New Year to all.

2. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I must also say that I enjoyed Ron's report for 2001. I enjoyed the widescreen vs. pan and scan tutorial idea like Scott mentioned in his post. Good job Ron (and keep up the good work).

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I agree but I have to ask why was Anchor Bay left off of your list? Sure they have had some disc glitches but no other studio has tried to resolve these problems with such speed IMO (well at least as fast as any independent I can think of) , I would have thought this commitment to their costumer at least should have got them on the list. That & the quality of the transfers that AC offer are pretty damn good for such obscure titles & their SE DVD's are at least as good as most major studios in my opinion.
    But it isn't my list and what a great list it is.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I too found the best of 2001 report to be very good, except towards the end when Ron starts talking about the demise of OAR. I don't know about any of you, but he scares me when he says stuff like that.
    I also found it rather funny when he was going on about the very sad state of OAR, and then the next line was "Happy new year!"[​IMG]
    Gee Ron, i'll try.[​IMG]

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thanks for the kudos, guys.

I got a lot of help from fellow Moderators

in getting everything just right.

I left out Anchor Bay simply because I have

not purchased one title from them this year or

received screener product and have no idea what

they were up to.