What's new

Great find! (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Today, I was lucky enough to run to a local second-hand shop that deals in used CD's, DVD's, videos, and video games. I found The Passion of Joan of Arc Criterion Collection for $15! This is the third CC disc I've found there, the others being Silence of the Lambs and Robocop. All 3 for $45 total!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, the deals are out there waiting to be had. I've gotten the following used Criterions for cheap:

Summertime ($10 - no cover)

The Night Porter ($14)

Brief Encounter ($10 - slight damage to cover)

For All Mankind ($12 - part of cover gone)

Hamlet ($14)

Vagabond ($14)

Diabolique ($14)

Black Orpheus ($10 - no cover)

The Bank Dick ($12)

Day of Wrath ($17)

Sisters ($14)

Beastie Boys ($18)

and I saw Great Expectations and Magic Flute for $12 each once, and foolishly didn't pick them up at the time. A week later I went back and they were, of course, gone. And I've seen Armageddon a number of times.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Scott, that wouldn't happen to be Second Time Around, would it? I'm originally from the Dayton area and sometimes peruse the record stores around UD and in the Oregon District. Might be good to know, if you don't mind spilling the secret. :)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Mark, that's it! Sorry, I didn't realize I hadn't mentioned their name. We've bought probably a dozen DVD's from them so far, and all have been in great shape. They have some great prices on some discs, but others are way off. The cheap release of Beat the Devil I paid $3 for at Meijer is $8 there, and the Laserlight Hitchcocks are $12-15. I've been trying to find other places that have used DVD's around here (other than Half Price Books which has a terrible selection and not very good prices), but haven't really had any luck.

Tony_P

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, Second Time Around! I went to the University of Dayton in the early 90s and spent many a Saturday afternoon going through the CDs. I have yet to find a used CD store elsewhere that is its equal.
I remember hearing rumors at the time that it was a bit shady in its business dealings or a front for organized crime (all transactions were cash only.) Those were probably completely baseless, but it kinda added to the fun of shopping there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks