What's new

Directors GREAT Films you hate - The Draft (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I think we will have a lot of fun with this draft. As a matter of fact, it gives me an opportunity to "air out a whole lot of laundry". :D

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
Count me in, if you get enough for 16

I can't believe people are afraid of this. Just look at a number of Oscar winners for easy choices.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Gone with the Wind - I don't really hate it, but I think it is ridiculously overrated.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
We have 5 more open slots. :D

Wild-cards
Gabe D
ChuckDeLa
Chris_Richard

Brian Lawrence you're up

On deck

George Kaplan
ErikG
Justin_S x 2

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I hope you're not talking about Vivien Leigh. Some of the worst overacting I've ever seen. It is one of the reasons I hate this film, although it's been taken now.

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor
Just because a film "undeservedly" won an Oscar doesn't make it bad. Some people tend to equate "bad" with films they simply don't like
I agree with you completely. Greatest Show on Earth is a good example. A fun film to watch but nowhere near deserving a best picture award. Chocolat from a couple of years ago was another.

There are a handful of Best Picture winners that I never want to see again.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yikes! we've barely started and already the herd is getting agitated. :D

Brian Lawrence you're up! :)

On deck

George Kaplan
ErikG
Justin_S x 2

I guess I'll enforce a 24 hour rule.

If someone misses their vote in 24 hours then they automatically get an AFI top 100 film.

We have 4 more open slots.

Wild-cards

Gabe D
ChuckDeLa
Chris_Richard
Hunter P

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
You'd better count me out. I really don't think I can come up with 10, especially if I don't count ones I've only seen partially. I've been trying to make a list and after the first 4 or 5 I'm resorting to stuff like Clerks. There's a lot of "great" films I think are merely okay, but few that I outright loathe.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I agree. I thought it would be easier to pull up the "hate." In the end I will have to resort to popular (not neccessarily great) films that I hate to round out my list.

It seems that I am not as angry as I thought.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Are you still looking for participants? I'll bet I could easily come up with 10 films I thought were ridiculously overrated. Let me know, thanks.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Never mind, I decided I don't want to be a participant, although I can still think of several "great films" I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks