What's new

Great DVD for testing your subwoofer(s) (1 Viewer)

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
hello everyone!
I rented Dungeons & Dragons DTS/DD dvd to try out my recently completed Shiva sub and boy-oh-boy I wasn't disappointed! Tonnes of BASS (from both my new sub and the movie); VERY nice CG special effects! Good story, maybe even better than SW: Ep.1 (disagree?) :)
When did this movie come out? I must have been hiding in my cave 'cause I only heard of this movie when it became available in our local Blockbuster video store
blush.gif

Screenshots in order...
dd.jpg

dd02.jpg

dd06.jpg

dd08.jpg

.... this one is going along with the shopping list
biggrin.gif

sorry, just had to share
biggrin.gif

Isaac
ps
apologies to the moderators if I'm "flooding" the forum -- I posted this one at the HT Software forum as well.
------------------
Subwoofer Simulator
Factor Conversion Tool
[Edited last by Isaac C on October 14, 2001 at 11:34 PM]

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
How is the movie? I almost rented a couple of weeks ago but I put it back down thinking it would be another Mortal Kombat piece or cheap crap but if it is good, I just may rent it and check out that bass.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Jake_L

Auditioning
Isaac,
I'm not sure if you are joking or not? The reason you never heard anything about this movie is because it went straight from production to the rental stores. I don't think it ever made it into the theaters. Personally I had a had time finishing the movie. Bad acting and bad special effects do not a good movie make! But, that is my opinion of this movie, and opinions will vary. As for the sound, I can't really say, I turned the movie down because I lost interest in it. I'm glad you enjoyed it though.
Jake

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I do believe it did hit theaters. Just didn't stay there very long since it did so poorly. If you've never been there Rotten Tomatos is a pretty good review site to get a good idea of whether a movie will be good or not.
Their novel approach is that no one there actually does any reviews. Instead they compile as many reviews from papers all over the country as they can and then rate the movie as a % of who liked it out of the total number of reviews. They also do a seperate rating that only uses the more well known reviewers (it's interesting sometimes how different the scores come out between the well known reviewers and the whole lot of them).
Dungeons and Dragons recieved an over all of 11% and a 0% from the well known reviewers.
------------------
Dustin
[email protected]
My Adire Tempest Sonosub

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
My apologies again for double posting; with hefty pictures for that matter.
Jake, my ears have just recovered from the movie's bass tracks, which may have indeed 'caused me to pay more attention to my sub than the movie
biggrin.gif
The graphics was quite nice, IMO, or maybe I just need to see better fx movies. Would you have any suggestions?
Neil, Mortal Kombat was indeed absolute crap. But D&D has more deep rumbles than Toy Story 2, IMO. It's a great movie to test your sub's speed, brakes and ability to rumble out loud.
Isaac
------------------
Subwoofer Simulator
Factor Conversion Tool

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I bought this in August? May? It was a long time ago anyway, I bought it for my g/f I know she likes that type of thing (dragons and all). It was an "OK" movie, the visual effects were nice, I only had a crappy sub at the time so can't comment on the sub issue, but the movie was ok funny in parts stupid in others. It was entertaining.
Isaac, it sounds like you have your sub "too" loud! Make sure your not in the "Hey I have a sub listen to it go" setting. A sub should be there when it is needed not there ALL the time, I've seen soo many ppl crack their sub because they like the bass it can "ruin" the movie by hiding other sound effects / dialogue. Blend her in.
If it is blended and it shakes that much in that movie, the movie may be a tad overly jealous on the bass side, unless it is done well. I'll have to rewatch it with my new sub, like I said my crappy sub I remember it had bass but not CRAZY, only in a few scenes. :)
------------------
Visit My Site!

Isaac C

Stunt Coordinator
James,
Isaac, it sounds like you have your sub "too" loud! Make sure your not in the "Hey I have a sub listen to it go" setting.
Guilty!
blush.gif
biggrin.gif
But primarily because I'm still loosening up my sub's suspension. Tomorrow, I'm going to watch SW: TPM dvd for the 2nd time; that should conclude the suspension break-in process.
Isaac
------------------
Subwoofer Simulator
Factor Conversion Tool

Greg Monfort

Supporting Actor
>When did this movie come out? I must have been hiding in my cave 'cause I only heard of this movie when it became available in our local Blockbuster video store
====
I had the misfortune to waste my $$ on it when it premiered on 12-15-2000 here in Hotlanta. I think it was pulled after a week.
GM
------------------
Loud is beautiful, if it's clean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks