Great DVD and CD player for 200???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shane Wooten, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Shane Wooten

Shane Wooten Extra

Just looking for a great DVD player that has good CD playback as well.. The Panasonic that everyone is talking abouy looks like a good deal but I'm not sure about CD quality..

If there is not anything out there that does what I'm looking for then I would just want a the best CD player my moneey can buy

Thanks in advance

Shane

2. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

I just got the Panasonic CP72 and was very impressed by the overall sound upgrade from my previous Toshiba 3109. Much smoother and distinct, also harshness was really eliminated. I have an Outlaw 950 and two HK amps.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Shane, the Panasonic 'RP82 and 'CP72 are probably your best bets in your price range. The subject has been discussed quite a lot here, so you might want to conduct a search.

4. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

For $200, I'm almost sure the RP82 would give you $200 cd-quality.

Aaron

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Shane, another player to consider in your price range is the Pioneer DV-656A. It is a direct competitor for the 'RP82.

6. Shane Wooten

Shane Wooten Extra

Thank you for the info, I have seen some very interseting information on the rp82 and will look into the pioneer. I just bought a HK 525 and I'm looking for somthing to go along with it. Other than my 15 year old denon 5-disk cd changer and my raite dvd player [​IMG]
    SHane