What's new

Great Dell deal! (?) (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Through June 9, Dell is offering a $500 rebate (at least on high-end) Dimensions, free shipping ($99 savings), and $300 coupon for computers more than $2000.

So, an $800 discount on a new computer. Is this normal pricing now, or is it a particularly good deal?

Dave's Law is, the best time to buy a computer is always tomorrow. And I really shouldn't buy a new PC right now (though my PIII 450 MHz is long in the tooth), but this seems like a really great deal.

What do you think?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
this is also CJ's law, word for word :) dell has been giving some great deals lately, such as the one you mentioned. i'm not sure about how often dell does this, but they sometimes have $750 off a laptop over $1500 or something like that. a great deal, but dell seems to be doing this more and more. take advantage of one of these offers if you need a new pc, but i doubt you will have trouble finding another dell deal like this, with a little patience.

CJ

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Great minds, and all that :)

Thanks for the confirmation. As much fun as it would be to buy a new PC, the $2200 is needed for boring furniture and landscaping.
It's said that the margins in PC sales are very narrow. So how does Dell survive with $800 discounts? By volume? ;) That's about 33% off, suggesting >40% margins on mid- to high-end PCs. That's not narrow by any definition!

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
For money making support is a big one in the computer industry, kinda similar to replacement parts in the auto industry. It's the little things on the side that have a 200-300% markup that you don't think about is where most of the money is made.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks