GREAT deal on the Sony RM-AV3000 Remote at PCMall.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Balcziak, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    I was trying to find a good price on the new Sony RM-AV3000 remote control and I almost bought it at ECost for $108.50. But they charge a horrendous amount for shipping and "handling."
    I looked around and found the remote at PCMall for $109.95 with FedEx Priority Overnight shipping for an addl. $12.58. That easily beats ECost and delivers this remote tomorrow for a fair price--$122.53. (For comparison, Best Buy sells the remote for $199.99 + tax.)
    Link to RM-AV3000 at PCMall.com

2. MikeTC

MikeTC Stunt Coordinator

PCMall and ECost are one company.

3. Bill Balcziak

I noticed some creepy similarities between the sites, but chalked it up to my needing a nap. [​IMG]
    One charges a "handling fee" and the other does not. Prices are pretty similar on the items I compared. Go figure.

4. Bill Balcziak

Got the remote the next day after a 3:00 p.m. order. I'm impressed with PCMall's service.

The remote is quite an improvement over the RM-AV2100. It has user-editable labels for the buttons now, which makes all the difference in the world. Much better ergonomics, too. A nice revision, Sony!

5. Robert Elrod

Robert Elrod Agent

Just picked up one. I've been wanting to get a new remote for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up!