1. Gamestop retail locations are currently running a promotion where you trade 3 DVDs for a new copy of Starsky & Hutch (WS) when it's released next month.

This is essentially a pre-order situation, but those interested shouldn't wait till the release date.

DVD titles must be 'in' their system, but are *not* restricted by trade price.

If you bought a no-name $1 junk DVD last week, that might not work.

I traded Blown Away, Blue Thunder, and Chasers.

These movies had a trade value of $5, which was then boosted to $18 to cover the cost of S&H.

If you have 3 DVDs that trade for $1 each, you can get S&H for $3.

Think of it as a challenge...

2. Gamestop retail locations are currently running a promotion where you trade 3 DVDs for a new copy of Starsky & Hutch (WS) when it's released next month.

This is essentially a pre-order situation, but those interested shouldn't wait till the release date.

DVD titles must be 'in' their system, but are *not* restricted by trade price.

If you bought a no-name $1 junk DVD last week, that might not work.

I traded Blown Away, Blue Thunder, and Chasers.

These movies had a trade value of $5, which was then boosted to $18 to cover the cost of S&H.

If you have 3 DVDs that trade for $1 each, you can get S&H for $3.

Think of it as a challenge...

3. Since I posted on this, I though I would report back on how it went...very well.

I traded three DVDs that had a total of $5 value.

Got $18 in credit and only $13 (!) was needed when my copy of S&H (WS) arrived.

Got a $5 store credit back, so essentially S&H was free.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

That's confusing.