1. Gamestop is offering the same deal on SW Trilogy that they had on Starsky & Hutch.

Trade any 3 DVDs and get SWT for $30 on release.

DVDs can be of *any* value, but must be from a major studio.

Essentially you want to dump your lowest value stuff here.

I'll be combing through my Wal-Mart $5.50 experiments for clinkers.
  2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Dec 23, 2002
    Justin Cleveland
    Considering it'll probably be close to 35 on release week, and you'll be paying that with tax plus more, that's pretty useless. Hell, you can pre-order it at Amazon with Share the Love for like 40.
  3. Well, I was able to get the Indy Trilogy for $35 week one at a 'rough neighborhood' WalMart.

At a 'well-heeled' WalMart, it was almost $45 as I recall (which was on a par with BB/CC).

If you have a deal on SWT for $35 then don't worry about it, but alot of people don't order DVDs on-line.

Also, nothing is guaranteed regarding B&M pricing and I'm not a fan of paying extra and then waiting for a rebate.

If someone's not sure about their price/location, this deal could give them some peace of mind.

It also helps if you have some junky DVDs that you were going to sell anyway.

If I have some things I want to sell that are worth $1-2 each in current trade, I'll probably do the deal so I don't have to rely on WalMart's inconsistent pricing.
  4. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

Aug 28, 2000
    Actually the regular price at Amazon is $41.99, the Share-the-love price is only $37.79, free shipping and for most, no tax. But, I do appreciate hearing about these trade-in deals, there are always some DVDs in my collection that have no trade-in value other than for these kind of deals.
  5. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

Jun 5, 2004
    That deal is not that great, unless you buy some of the $1 DVDs at Wal-Mart. You know, those cheap animations. $40 bucks from Amazon, and it will probably be less at stores like Target...

6. As I see it, this is a sweat-equity situation.

SWT will probably street at common B&M locations for around $45.

If you have three DVDs that you only paid $5 for (new or used) then you can move that $15 into SWT.

Essentially, you're going to get about $5 in trade for almost any single junk DVD.

Note: if it helps reduce the controversy, I have no problem with the board Admin removing the word 'great' from the thread title.
  7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Dec 1, 1999
    Tony D.
    i think you can pre-order it at eb games for $35.
  8. Michael^DC

Michael^DC Extra

Aug 10, 2004
    there always seems to be a catch for trading in games/DVD.
    most people just like bring their old N64 or PS games.
    There is always some kind of catch which i dislike
  9. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Mar 1, 2002
    I definately think I'm going with FYE where I have some trade $$. 35$ after rebate sounds good enough for me[​IMG]

10. After combing through my $5 Wal-Mart junk, decided to trade:

Two If by Sea
    Simple Twist of Fate
    The Man Who Knew Too Little

Got a $20 credit for these titles and will pay 29.99 for SWT on the 21st.

Only mistake I made was not asking for the trade value on each title before doing the the deal.

Turns out, MWNTL was worth $4!

Should have kept it for the moment and found something else worth a $1 or less.