What's new

Great Deal on Polks (1 Viewer)

Merrill

Grip
Great Outdoors (a chain owned by Sears) here in Phoenix is clearing out their Polk speakers. They have RT800i's on sale for $199 each (only $50 more than the RT600i's). I haven't seen them less than $300 or $400 dollars on the Internet. Anyone own these and could tell me not to buy them?

These are my first real speakers and they sounded very good in the store. I am going to use them as the fronts. I am going to match them with the CSi30 Center. Not sure about the rears yet. Room is 20 by 40 and opens on one side to the kitchen.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
I own the RT800i for my fronts. They are pretty good speakers, but not amazing. They are very good for that price. I also got a pretty good deal on them when I bought, and I have been very happy with them. You might want to audition a couple of other brands an models in that price range also however. I dont think there are a lot of Polk fans on this board, but if you liked the sound in the store, go for it.

I also think the CSi40 is a better match for the RT800i's. I think you will find the 800i's will outpace a CSi30 by quite a bit.

EricE

Agent
The Great Outdoors in my local area here in Southern California is clearancing out most of their Polk's as well. But I saw this sale 3 months ago, so I wouldn't be in too much of a rush to snatch these up. Go audition other speakers in your price range. I tested out the RTi15s (on sale for $99/pair) and they did sound pretty good. But when I went and tested out the new Energy C-1s ($299) I heard more things in my music than I could with the Polk's. Even though you're talking about a different model than I was auditioning, you might want to see what else is out there in your price range so that you can avoid buyer's remorse or the ever-dreaded upgraditis syndrome.

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the Polk R50's, They sounded much better to me than any of the RT's

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I just bought one pair of Polk R15s at Circuit city today for 89.98. Really good deal and my first good pair of speakers, I wont mention my previous ones because most of you wouldnt consider them speakers at all. The Polk R15s indeed sound very good and great for my small set up (about 10x10). If anyone is lookin for some, i would highly reccomend them.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Phil Mays

Second Unit
Merrill,
I have the 800 i's and love them. They have been retired to my bedroom system as I like the Klipsch sound better for my main system.
I do like the Polk sound as crisp and clean with very decent base. I am going to finish out that system with the matching center, surrounds, and rear.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
I use a pair of RT1000's for my rears and I think they do a pretty good job. They sound nice with a lot of full bass.

I like having a set of full range speakers in the rear. Especially for Concert vids and DVD-A's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks